Default Roll Cage Conversion Question

Does anyone have input on taking an old modified and placing it onto a full frame metric car? Good stories, bad stories? I'm specifically interested in taking a chevelle mod and dropping it onto a metric car to make a street stock. Wasn't sure how well that would line up, or if I'm better off just buying a cage kit and welding it up.

Any input is appreciated.

Travis

Default Cage

Just wondering, what would have when you are done? But a modified with a full body car on it. Motor is set back to far and the suspension is incorrect for the street stock class, just to name a few. Installed a CSC cage kit years ago, fit well, it did not take long to assemble and weld. If you have welding and fabrication skill, my opinion would be build your own.

Mike Bulpitt
    26B Owner Driver Builder

Default Cage

Agreed that there is no labor hours gained in the suspension or engine areas. The idea is to save the time/bends/steel of starting completely from scratch as far as the main hoop, door bars, etc go. I also already have a mod that I'm prepared to cut up. I can see pros/cons both ways. Thanks for the input. I'll check out the CSC kit.