Default Willys , AED Crate 602 carbs.

if a guy bought off the shelf carb, whats the best buy for a 602 crate?

I would call John at JDR as we have several of us running his carbs with no problems, my son had a Willys carb on his crate, put my JDR on and couldn't believe the difference

9WRACER is correct I have 2 JDR E-85 carbs. 1-600 1-650 just e-85 pump or ethanol not available around me anymore the 650 was built for my 602 crate and 600 was ran on the 602 crate as well both have donwe a great job John super nice guy to deal with also. Anyone wanting either or both of these carbs. just pm they are just sitting in shop needing to be ran.

thanks guy's new to the crate had some carb prob this year but was pleased with the motor. does anyone have a # for JDR and location.

and would be interasted in buying used carb.

Quote Originally Posted by xxx8x View Post
    and would be interasted in buying used carb.
    If you wanna buy it xxx8x shoot me a pm.

Heres the website with info for JDR
    http://jdrperformance.com/

I used to run a 602, had AED to build a carb for it. It was very smooth, very drivable had great power. I have sinced moved to a 604 and went with the Willy's 604 kit. In both instances i talked with them and give them what I needed out of a carb. With either company they will tune the carb to your needs at no extra cost. Just talk to them and give them an understanding or your circumstances. I would not think you would go wrong in either case. I have been pleased with both carbs. There are some videos on you tube or the AED website of a carb competition somewhere and AED won the "of the shelf" part of the competition. I believe it was in 2011, don't know if it was a one time deal or if it's and annual thing.

I'd do it like any carb or other parts purchase; call and talk to them about the application and see how familiar they are with it. Check the pricing. See what kind of luck other people have had with the part and service. We run JDR stuff, and have used Willy's in the past.
    Last edited by 50j; 09-15-2012 at 06:53 PM.