Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default pick your poison

I would not waste my time going to that 1 grooved locked down dump in cleveland. I will try drrp if the weather is good. Just go to which ever track you prefer as long as you support a track. I prefer high bamked tracks.

I don't know when you were at Cleveland Speedway last, but it certainly isn't a dump! Ronnie and Lisa have done an awesome job this season getting things back in shape!

Default Ditto !

Cleveland is much improved this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by babybird1972 View Post
    I don't know when you were at Cleveland Speedway last, but it certainly isn't a dump! Ronnie and Lisa have done an awesome job this season getting things back in shape!
    "SLM Junkie"

My first visit to Duck years ago, I had good ole Dglenn ridin' shotgun with me, he showed me the way to go, it was indeed a tough place to go find if ya were a newbie like I was. I think the most rural out-of-the-way track in the South. Anyways, looking forward to going to Duck River.

Late Model Mark

Smile not sure about talent

Not sure about having better talent at Duck River, Chris Madden, Billy Ogle Jr., Randy Weaver, and now the hottest driver in dirt racing, the NEWPORT NIGHTMARE are coming to Cleveland. I sure would have liked to have watched both races, but I am going to Cleveland.
    Also, add 17M, Dale Mcdowell to the Gobbler.

Now, Superman (davenport) is coming to the Gobbler.
    This is shaping up to be 1 heck of a show!!!!

Late Model Mark[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by upaginit in North GA; 11-15-2012 at 05:49 AM.

IF they ran this race the week after Thanksgiving I would have went to both races also, but I wish both tracks the best, I hope they both do really good...

The Gobbler and The Blue Gray are traditional races, think both of them have been around for over 20 years. Duck needs to respect tradition, the fans, and the drivers and run the race on a different weekend! JMO!

I guess Duck River was trying to jump on the bandwagon so to speak. What I think would have been really awesome was if the race at Duck River was SAS sanctioned and was raced on Friday. That would have made for a great weekend. My husband and I will be at Cleveland pulling for our favorite driver "The Newport Nightmare." We have no desire to try to even find Duck River nor do we care to see Mike Marlar race.

Looks like a good turnout for both tracks. I too would have liked to made both, but I'm really thankful I have at least one to go only 20 minutes away. Hope everyone has a great time at both tracks. O-Show on a tear, expect no different Sat. nite, but those guys won't lay down for him.
    "SLM Junkie"

First Off this is the weekend of the Gobbler and Blue/Gray. Duck River is stupid to schedule on top of Cleveland. Second, it makes me not want to go to either race because your splitting like 40 cars, so its very possible that neither has a full field of cars. It also splits the fans, you may only be talking about 100 people that were going to go to both races but if you split that in half and each track loses 50 thats not a huge amount of money but its enough to pay the start money of 2 or 3 cars, and as tight as things are right now I would want to maximize the amount of cars and people that I can get.

Smile no worries there

No worries there, Cleveland will definitely have a full field of super late models. I think the list is at 38 right now, we all know that may change, but a strong field of cars are expected. Owens, McDowell, Madden, Davenport, Ogle, Weaver, Thomas, Arp, Payne are on the list. I wished Duck River had scheduled their 10K to win on another weekend, but they didn't and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by 3stevesmith View Post
    First Off this is the weekend of the Gobbler and Blue/Gray. Duck River is stupid to schedule on top of Cleveland. Second, it makes me not want to go to either race because your splitting like 40 cars, so its very possible that neither has a full field of cars. It also splits the fans, you may only be talking about 100 people that were going to go to both races but if you split that in half and each track loses 50 thats not a huge amount of money but its enough to pay the start money of 2 or 3 cars, and as tight as things are right now I would want to maximize the amount of cars and people that I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    My first visit to Duck years ago, I think the most rural out-of-the-way track in the South.

Late Model Mark
    Have you ever been to Penton )AL) Speedway? Gotta dodge cows on the access road. LOL
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Yes I did got to Penton and ya know what, that track was a tough one to find too, While both track will have good cars and crowds, this is just my view of things, I think the Duck is a bit more racier and exciting, but once again, wherever you land, we get to see some great Late Models late in the season.

Curous what the car counts are at all the tracks, Duck, Screven, and Cleveland.

Late Model Mark

Only 20 supers at Screven.

ANYONE WITH ANY UPDATES, for ANY of the races going on tonight would be appreciated.
    A member from back in the day....

Heard Vic Hill fastest at the Duck with new track record.

According to their Facebook page there were 31 super late models there an hour before the driver's meeting.

39 Supers last night at the Duck. Fast time was new track record set by Vic "The Thrill" Hill. Track record was broken 3 or 4 times last night in both hot laps and time trials by Bub McCool, Walker Arthur, and Vic Hill.

How Tanner English do...
    "Sideways at 100 MPH in a turn..."No Problem"

He looked good in hot laps Friday night but blew something in the motor during time trials and never came back out. Vic Hill won the Deep Fried 75 tonight with Ray Cook and Walker Arthur close behind. Was a great race.