Default What engine internals to get 9k out of ford 2300?

What cam, rods, valves, springs, retainers, pistons, head work, crank, etc. to get a 2300 to 9k rpm? I have an oval intake head, stock intake, exhaust header. Let me know my options.

why would you need to turn 9k???
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

To turn 8000 rpm you can use lots of OEM parts,to turn 9000 rpm's you will need the best of the best parts,tons of head work,a carb and ignition system that will support the extra rpm's.And probably a spare engine to keep you racing when ever this one breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by getbenttubing2 View Post
    What cam, rods, valves, springs, retainers, pistons, head work, crank, etc. to get a 2300 to 9k rpm? I have an oval intake head, stock intake, exhaust header. Let me know my options.
    You dont need 9K! I turn 7200 tops, with 95% OEM parts! Gearing & correct tire size is key.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvyJS...ata_playerThis is 9400rpm 800hp on a stock 2.5 crank.if you want to turn 9kStock 2.5 crankWith an esslinger 5.7 kit (nice pistons) and so so rods for their price.Or have it setup for a Honda journal and buy race engineeringsNicer rod and piston set.Contact Joe (jbv) for a cam,spring, and valve setup.Custom length valves and beehive springs.You'll need a proper intake and headIf your rules say stock find a pep cast iorn head.If you can run aluminum you need an Arca esslinger head.If you just wanna turn 9k a stock head is done at 7200 no point....Also a msd ignition will do fineOr you cab buy crankfire.Or build your own if you look up racedads setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Milford Motorsports View Post
    To turn 8000 rpm you can use lots of OEM parts,to turn 9000 rpm's you will need the best of the best parts,tons of head work,a carb and ignition system that will support the extra rpm's.And probably a spare engine to keep you racing when ever this one breaks.
    Milford, What parts would I need for 8k with OE parts? What cam specs, hydraulic or solid (lifters as well), Pistons, etc...

Stock crank,stock rods,clevite OEM pistons,cast or gapless rings,HV or turbo oil pump.Head - mill minimum .125,D port or oval.Stock or OS valves,good race valve springs and retainers.We were turning 8100 -8300 with a Comp 280H hydraulic cam.A bigger solid or roller cam will produce more power at the higher rpm's.OEM parts won't give you a top end killer engine,but they will give you a strong running engine for less than a $1000 If you can set up your car properly and have some skill driving you can be successfull AND have fun without going broke.

Thanks Milford Motorsports. It should get me to the front. Thanks again for the help.

Milford is right on!! Affordable, and makes good power..

Default shows how much you know!

Don't tell me you can't turn a 2300 9k!!! Better yet talk to my trophies on the wall! 9200 on average!