Angry No results from lets get screwed weekend at NGS!!!

I drove an hour and a half to give the new NGS a shot. Well after all the hype and 4 hours of qualifying every single car in every single class I relized that I just spent $45 for 3 people to see nothing but that. No heat racing, no consolation races, nothing! Big A$$ joke. I wont be back!

Thumbs down

I started to bring the car and give the track another try. Sure glad i didnt make the 2 hour or more trip with the price of diesel right now. Spend all that money just for some hot laps and a couple of qualifying laps on saturday? Guess that's a good way to make sure everyone has to buy a two day pass and stick around for sunday. I can see having the consi races on sunday before the feature, but the heats should have been ran last nite so people who had problems or decided they didnt want to run the consi's could leave and not have to pay for sunday.

Per their Facebook page & web site the top 10 would be locked in and consi's & heat races would be ran in all classes.

From the North Georgia Facebook page: The Top 10 will be locked in and consi races will fill the remaining spots.

Saturday, Heat Racing and Qualifying in ALL classes. Gates open at 3:30, drivers meeting at 6:30
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...09405229141319

From the North Georgia Web page: Saturday night will be qualifying and heats, followed by the concert.
    Sunday will be all the features.
    IF YOU DONT RACE ON SATURDAY NIGHT YOU WILL NOT, WILL NOT RACE ON SUNDAY!!!!
    http://northgaspeedway.net/2012/08/m...dirty-weekend/

if ac-dc and iron maiden would have been there would have some crowd. wish i knew who all was there so i could decide to go today.
    victim

What I was told......Joe Armistead Jr. on the pole for Steel Heads, Aaron Ridley 3rd. Jeff Smith on pole for crates, Chip Brindle 3rd. That's all I heard. Headed that way in a couple of hours.

PR upgrade needed for sure.

Default No times posted on site...

What time do they start racing today????

just got a text from a friend who went down for todays show and it looks like they did not even water the track today it was bone dry before cars rolled onto it. Glad I didnt waste my money or time.

well I am one of the idiots that spent my hard earned money to race there this weekend. I won the mini stock race but was thrown out for being light at the scales. I was 5 pounds light but their rules clearly state a "1 pound per lap" burn off. so in reality I was not light. I towed an hour and a half, spent 170 bucks to qualify and run a few hot laps and race a feature on a track that was so dusty it was dangerous because you couldnt see. If they dont make it right and award me the win that I rightfully deserve then I will never go back......not real sure that they care.

thanks to NGA speedway for giving us some racing to watch. lots of cars, lot of action the show was way better than watching nasboring races on tv thanks again

Thumbs down

well i have to say the same thing we went down to run the crate race. locked in the top 10 spent countless hours eating dust to run a hot lap session yesterday then a race like the other guy mentioned was absolutely dangerous from the amount of dust. track prep for both nights was a joke. the whole weekend for fans and racers was a joke. could have been a good thing but in usual north georgia speedway fashion they screwed it up royal. we want ever be back. FU. from the word go.

It was dusty, but I've been to numerous places that were worse. It did start in the daytime, you kind of know going in how it's going to be. They do need to figure out how to get both gates working. If it's insurance that's the hold up, how dangerous would it be to let one class out one gate, and one in the other after each race?

Anyway nice day, had a good time.

Results

Crates
    Jeff Smith
    Chip Brindle
    Phil Coltrain

Limited

Joe Armistead Jr. won, but was being protested when I left. Don't know how that turned out.
    #68 Missed the name
    Heath Hindman
    Tod Hernandez

North Georgia Speedway's Website CLEARLY says that Saturday Night will be qualifiying and Heats followed by the Concert. How much more clear can you get. With all due respect< you must have not read the website before you started driving.....

and i thought he said all they had was warm ups and t.t..who didnt read?

Default Really?

Really chattemdriver are you in the NGS group? You didnt read my post about like i didnt see heat races Saturday night.... seems that im not the only one that is pissed about wasting money. All you guys have heard of Billy Thomas im sure... but he can pull off a 4 day show with 2 days being all day . NGS cant even do a single day show and or take care of fans no better than they did.. what a crying shame! You know, i seen the excuses on facebook about time restraints for saturday night because of the concert but im thinking that everybody there paid to see some racing not a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) concert..... anyways to Huntingrip.... thanks for backing me up on this...

Where is "the Dr" when you need him? I would like to hear what BS he has to say to try to explain why they didnt follow the schedule posted on their web site & Facebook pages. I also read the excuse about time restraints. What time restraints do you have when you dont have a curfew? I also saw a post on Facebook where "the dr" made excuses for why one for the sponsor's of his "radio show" didnt make the Crate race. I'm glad the winner Jeff Smith called him out on his BS. We all know for sure that he is a Dr of BS.

The winner of the Mini stock race has also posted on here that they didnt follow their rulebook when they called him 5 pounds light when their rulebook clearly states that there will be a 1 pound per lap burn off after the race. Was that call made to ensure the local female driver won the race? Looks like the weekend turned out to be a disaster for everyone except the winners and of course the track who i'm sure made a decent profit. And to go ahead and answer the people who i'm sure will have something to say about my last statement. I'm not against promoters or racers making money. I'm against promoters who dont follow their schedules (and make people have to buy a two day ticket to see what was suppose to ran on the 1st day) and dont follow their own rulebook.

We did not make it up because of lack of funds. If it had been where we could have came up and ran 1 day we would have came the 2 day deal kept a lot of cars away then they did not run it like the website said. We came and watched sunday yes the track was dusty but it is a day race so what can you expect I also told my son that the pole sitter would win every race which they did in all but the pony races but again it is a day race and most of them r that way. Hey they tried but if we would have came and then they pulled the stunt they did we would have been P.O"D big time. A much bigger concern for me is the fact that they only had 1 wrecker or that is all I ever saw. No 1 that is not very safe if you got 2 cars hung up possibly one up side down etc they were very lucky that they did not get 2 cars tied together where you had to pick up 1 and drag the other 1 out from under it. We were in a incident like that about a month ago our car was sitting on top of another car 1 wrecker would never have done it. I hope they can keep the track open we love to race there and you will not find a better place to watch a race but things like this weekend shed a bad light on the promoter and track. I too read the pony rules and it appears to me the gentleman has a valid gripe some one at the track needs to explain what the deal was on this I have my on opinion and it is along the lines of what another poster said about who won and why. NGS PEOPLE ARE WATCHING you can make a positive come out of this or let it go without explanation as previous promoters have we all know where that has led.
    Last edited by RW57; 09-25-2012 at 02:37 PM.

I called sunday evening when I got home and asked why I didnt get the win when their rules clearly state that there is a 1 pound per lap burn off. I was told that someone would return my call. the following day Jason Jones called me and we had a discussion. he said that it was discussed that there would be no burn off in the drivers meeting. I explained to him that I wasnt necessarily calling him a liar but I was in fact at both drivers meetings and I did not hear this issue discussed. I was also told that they decided earlier in the year that there would be no burn off but I have never raced there so how was I supposed to know? again I can only go by there printed rules since I left my crystal ball at home this weekend. I also said to him that I felt like it was a good ol boy deal and thats why no one wants to go up there and race. I personally will never go back. I do appreciate him calling me and attempting to put his spin on it but I dont buy it and I wasnt done right. my buddy who also raced this past weekend attended both drivers meetings also and he didnt hear it dicussed either. bottom line is I can only race by the rules that are printed.................. live and learn.

Angry Your kidding me!

How dare you take anything from me I drove a hard race and it's people like you judging when you don't know what your talking about!!!! If they do called handed me the race why was I thrown out the week before for being light?!?!?i got where I am today cause I learned everything from my daddy! I guess they fixed my time since I got the pole sitter too huh? So before you start bashing me dear why don't you come and see why I won that race! I hate that the m9 was light but don't take anything away from me! I guess when I ran down at Rome and got second it was cause they felt sorry for me to huh??? I don't need the fame I come to race!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RacedudeGa View Post
    Where is "the Dr" when you need him? I would like to hear what BS he has to say to try to explain why they didnt follow the schedule posted on their web site & Facebook pages. I also read the excuse about time restraints. What time restraints do you have when you dont have a curfew? I also saw a post on Facebook where "the dr" made excuses for why one for the sponsor's of his "radio show" didnt make the Crate race. I'm glad the winner Jeff Smith called him out on his BS. We all know for sure that he is a Dr of BS.

The winner of the Mini stock race has also posted on here that they didnt follow their rulebook when they called him 5 pounds light when their rulebook clearly states that there will be a 1 pound per lap burn off after the race. Was that call made to ensure the local female driver won the race? Looks like the weekend turned out to be a disaster for everyone except the winners and of course the track who i'm sure made a decent profit. And to go ahead and answer the people who i'm sure will have something to say about my last statement. I'm not against promoters or racers making money. I'm against promoters who dont follow their schedules (and make people have to buy a two day ticket to see what was suppose to ran on the 1st day) and dont follow their own rulebook.

Quote Originally Posted by MissN27Stokes View Post
    How dare you take anything from me I drove a hard race and it's people like you judging when you don't know what your talking about!!!! If they do called handed me the race why was I thrown out the week before for being light?!?!?i got where I am today cause I learned everything from my daddy! I guess they fixed my time since I got the pole sitter too huh? So before you start bashing me dear why don't you come and see why I won that race! I hate that the m9 was light but don't take anything away from me! I guess when I ran down at Rome and got second it was cause they felt sorry for me to huh??? I don't need the fame I come to race!!!!!
    Ms Stokes... If you will read my comments carefully you will see that nowhere did i say anything about how good or bad of a race you drove. It's apparent you drove a pretty good race if you finished 2nd when the checkered flag fell. My comments were directed toward the track not following the rules posted on their web site. As the person who was called light said in a post above the track owner called him and said they had discussed the fact this rule would not be in effect. If thats the case IMO it should have been posted on the web site so people people would know it before they came and could add the weight they needed.

Congrats on your win and as i said, i was in no way trying to take anything away from you.

I did read what you said and it says was the call made to ensure the local female driver won! So that right there is saying they handed me the race. Johnny Cloer raced there about all his life he was thrown out for being light! And maybe they didn't make it clear enough no burn off. But I promise they didn't just throw him out for me to win!
    Ms Stokes... If you will read my comments carefully you will see that nowhere did i say anything about how good or bad of a race you drove. It's apparent you drove a pretty good race if you finished 2nd when the checkered flag fell. My comments were directed toward the track not following the rules posted on their web site. As the person who was called light said in a post above the track owner called him and said they had discussed the fact this rule would not be in effect. If thats the case IMO it should have been posted on the web site so people people would know it before they came and could add the weight they needed.

Congrats on your win and as i said, i was in no way trying to take anything away from you.

I think that the pony race could of been won by someone other then the pole sitter if two of the cars that were good were not taken out by the x4 car. Didnt see what started the mess with the 7 car but was told that the x4 turned him. But did see the x4 turn into the 15 car when the 15 was fixing to pass him at the flag stand. That was one STUPID move on the x4 car doing it there. Was glad to see him get out of the car cause it looked like a hard hit.