Default Rear weight Mustang

My son is racing mini. We are both new to racing. I was reading in a book that ideal rear weight is 50-51%. The only way we can achieve this is to put approx 140 lbs at the left side of the fuel cell. then I get 49%.The people I know who race modifieds and superlates say not to put the weight behind the wheels. I'm curious what everybody is doing to get the weight back. I can get 46% by keeping the weight behind the drivers seat. Our minimum weight is 2300 and we are on 3/8 asphalt.

you arent gonna get 50-51 unless you put it behind rearend...46 is pretty respectable
    our car is 47 with a topped off 12 gallon fuel cell(behind the rearend)

most cars in our class are 41-44
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

depending on how the chassis is built (mine is underslung) i mount the weight to the frame in front of the rear tires. putting it way out back creates a pendulum effect. it is possible depending on the rules. moving motor way back, our rules allow tube chassis (mod-mini, pro 4) so we can get it up there more stock type, 47% is normal... hope that helps.
    mark41

Hey folks, please take note that this is a PAVEMENT car, not a dirt runner.2nd point. Asphalt car. We used to race an asphalt modified at a tick less than 50% rear, say 49.5% rear, 50.1% front. I thought that philosophy would still hold true today. Have i missed something? Remember, dirt cars tend to rely on rear brakes whereas pavement cars will rely on front brakes.I remember back in the day that some guys could race successfully on both dirt tracks and pavement tracks in the same week with the same car. I just don't see that happening anymore.I just see two different animals here and they don't play well together.