Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've never ran that much bite. I've read that some run that much. Maybe someone with experience will chime in. I know its above average. I've never ran that much left side also. You are getting into LS asphalt racing numbers.

Like dirtman said those front springs are on the heavy side. I run a 150 split across the front to turn.

I would work on the entry first. I've never ran into a stock rear chassis, leaf or coil that affected the entry enough to push. The correction was always in the front end. You should turn the wheel hard left and spin out not push. 3/4 links , floating brakes are a different story.

I do know that any adjustment taken to extreme will create another problem.

Thanks for the replys, went racing last night and got 3rd inthe heat and 3rd in the feature. Way better than before. The only down fall it was a rough tacky track so I will have to wait till next year.

Thanks again

John

So what did you end up doing to the car then?

I took the 1/4 shim out of the front, brought the ls weight up to 54.6, changed the rr spring to a 200, lowered the rear a 1/2 and took bite down to 270. It was hard to tell anything do to track conditions but on a smooth track I think it my still be tight on entery. I have some high weight above rear end (about 16" above and 150 pounds), if it is still tight I am thinking of moving it down to frame high 25 pounds at a time.

John

I know I'm on a completely different track and all, but we moved weight left and lower as the season went on. Seemed to just work better overall. The car still had some mid corner roll for side bite but would go into the corner a little easier, I think because of more weight on the left, and get out of the corner better because it would settle down on the LR a little faster. This was all with a lot of bite, like 350ish.

But it depends on corner entry speed, we have pretty good banking so we go in hard and have to give it a little bit of a "throw" to get it set. Then kinda let it ride through the mid part and roll onto the gas as you start to come out.