Default QUESTION!!!! which is better mastersbilt 08 and up round tube or square?

have a friend looking to buy a car, i have only been in 1 mastersbilt the rest were rockets, so i cannot answer the question for him on which is better a square tube masters or round tube... any imput would be great. thanks

Square car has a longer life span.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Anyone else...?????

To me it depends on what tire you are on. Square tube for hard spec tire. Round tube for soft tire stuff.

Boxers or Briefs?

Quote Originally Posted by SLM98 View Post
    To me it depends on what tire you are on. Square tube for hard spec tire. Round tube for soft tire stuff.
    Explain why tires matter for the tubing.

Square tube car is a stiffer car more effective spring rate

As EPJ is a friend of mine, here is his answer."I can't tell any difference."

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Best answer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    I have heard different from several drivers who's opinions I respect.

Can he tell the difference between a MasterS and a Longhorn?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post

I've heard some say they can't tell a difference between round and square. I did have one guy tell me he could tell a difference in 2# of air pressure in the RF tire though also.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post

He was driving the Mastersbilt house car when I asked him.

Im sure he would like to drive O'Neals and then tell the difference.

What Mastersbilt told me was the round tube has a bigger sweetspot but the square last longer....If you got money get the round tube, budget racers get the square.

Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'd like to know the difference in the smackdown and genx cars. In the process of a chassis change and exploring all options.

I like round tube cars ! The main reason for me is that I don't have dies to bend the square tubing! If the round tube does have a larger sweet spot, then thats what I would want!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman33 View Post
    Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'd like to know the difference in the smackdown and genx cars. In the process of a chassis change and exploring all options.
    Just like what the other chassis builders are doing. Playing with the front ends to tighten the cars up in the slick. They have also changed the offset of the rear end i do believe

Guys just for the sake of it lets say on any chassis that has a bigger sweet spot and does not respond to changes(you change the car and cant feel the change)most of the time the cars are flexing to much,now if its stiffer,two things youll see,the car will last longer and when you make a change if its the wrong way the car simply wont like it(thats why a lot of people sell there cars after 30 races or so they start to loose drive from flexing to much,unless you know where to brace them up at) also if i was a race car manufacturer i wouldnt want the car to last forever id work myself out of a job,thats why some chassis are alot more $$$ than others,plus i want my suspension to do the work and not depend on chassis flex,youll have alot more consistant car(if the cars great it will stay that way every lap or if its bad it will be bad every lap and not change)and ill also bet that on a slick track it will seem like you can never get the car tight enough
    THAT IS IF ITS FLEXING
    Last edited by grt74; 10-31-2012 at 08:38 PM.

I can say i never driven a masterbilt spent most of my years in Swartz chassis and i can honestly say i perfered the last square tube car i had. It did respond to changes i knew exactly what my car was going to do with every little or big change. Now on the round tube cars it seemed like i always had to make big changes to make the car react. I personally would take a square tube car over round tube anyday.