Default Pure street trans and rear gear?

After all of the feedback from my last post, i have decided to convert my car to run pure street at shadyhill. Ill be running a sbc 350 with around 300hp. The car is a metric monte and weighs around 3400lbs. The track is a 3/8 mi semi banked oval. My question is what would be a good trans/rear gear to run for this class and track. The car currently has a powerglide (not allowed) and a 3.42 rear gear.

Quote Originally Posted by sa92287 View Post
    After all of the feedback from my last post, i have decided to convert my car to run pure street at shadyhill. Ill be running a sbc 350 with around 300hp. The car is a metric monte and weighs around 3400lbs. The track is a 3/8 mi semi banked oval. My question is what would be a good trans/rear gear to run for this class and track. The car currently has a powerglide (not allowed) and a 3.42 rear gear.
    i run about the same tracks here in Texas, we run a non-locking 350 turbo in first gear in a gm 7.5 metric rear with a 2.56 ring and pinion and we turn 6000 rpm with a z28 cast iron intake, about 5500 with the stock lower and medium cast iron intake.

i would run a 3 speed sagaw. you could run it in 2nd with that gear and the ratio would be either5.74 or 6.36 depending on the 2nd gear ratio