Default Support classes for Big LM Shows

It apears to me Lucas and maybe others are trying to get ride of there show fillers. Watched Knoxville Live last night and a 30 to 45 minutes between time trials and heats and 1/2 hour between heats and d-main and the normal 15 to 20 minutes between the d,c,b,a. I would totally rather watch some racing and financially it doesn't make sense as there fans pay $25 and $35 for there tickets. Not a fan of this and the same happened at the SHOW ME (SOMETHING ELSE) 100 in Wheatland this year. Night 1 a great show and they had 50 USRA Modifieds racing for $750 to win and basically the races lasted 30 extra minutes then if no support classes. Night 2 at Wheatland 2-15 lap b-mains and 1-100 lap a-main and no support class. Ok let's just say you don't like support classes, so the races were to start with hot laps at 6:30 and the got over at 11:10 (ARE YOU KIDDING). Knoxville Saturday will be the same with 1 more race, d-main 12 laps, c-main 15 laps, b-main 20 laps, a-main 100 laps ! Isn't this a 2 maybe 2 1/2 hour show drug out to 4 hours, why not watch racing while your sitting there freezing your butt off (maybe not this year).

Great post TUTY. Agree 100%. The mods in my opinion more often than not, put on a great show. I've been to big late model shows where the modified feature was actually better than the late model feature. JMO.

Why don't you just go to your local track and watch all the classes you want?
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Quote Originally Posted by TUTY View Post
    It apears to me Lucas and maybe others are trying to get ride of there show fillers. Watched Knoxville Live last night and a 30 to 45 minutes between time trials and heats and 1/2 hour between heats and d-main and the normal 15 to 20 minutes between the d,c,b,a. I would totally rather watch some racing and financially it doesn't make sense as there fans pay $25 and $35 for there tickets. Not a fan of this and the same happened at the SHOW ME (SOMETHING ELSE) 100 in Wheatland this year. Night 1 a great show and they had 50 USRA Modifieds racing for $750 to win and basically the races lasted 30 extra minutes then if no support classes. Night 2 at Wheatland 2-15 lap b-mains and 1-100 lap a-main and no support class. Ok let's just say you don't like support classes, so the races were to start with hot laps at 6:30 and the got over at 11:10 (ARE YOU KIDDING). Knoxville Saturday will be the same with 1 more race, d-main 12 laps, c-main 15 laps, b-main 20 laps, a-main 100 laps ! Isn't this a 2 maybe 2 1/2 hour show drug out to 4 hours, why not watch racing while your sitting there freezing your butt off (maybe not this year).
    While there was some delay between those races, you have greatly exaggerated the time of the delays. But then again, knowing facts is not your speciality.

usually the regular nights of racing are better than wasting that money to go to a big show. but, i am going to dixie next saturday for lucas race.
    victim

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    While there was some delay between those races, you have greatly exaggerated the time of the delays. But then again, knowing facts is not your speciality.
    Come on fryfan, I watched it on Knoxville Live, thats how long it was. They said on the live remote there was 15 min. between main events, It was over 1/2 hour after time trials. All i'm saying suopport class heats during the 30 to 45 min. delay and b-main or 2 between d-main and c-main and run a-main between b and a-main. If you enjoy sitting watching nothing good for you.

Default support

Most support classes just help to wear out the racing surface with 80 lates at knoxville no support class is needed. We did not drive 310 miles to see mods.

TUTY....... Let it go, just let it go. I will respect your opinion when you can discuss something other than support classes at big shows.

I was there and the reason for the delay was because several cars didn't weigh and line ups had to reshuffled. The amount of time you stated was a little bit off.

Once again, you were wrong about the crowd this weekend.

How many fans were there, thursday had what 4000 . Watched it on knoxville live and video was flag stand centered and it showed the first 15 to 20 rows and 0 people in them. They also went left and right and 0 fans either way. Go to the world finals and see everyone of the 14,000 seats sold and 5000 fans in the pit stands and roming around. After 9 years this deal isn't coming along like it should, but i'm not saying they i'm sure still making money.

so your saying the crowd was small because of no support maybe it should be a day show and if yo love support classes you should been where I was 6 classes 186 cars andgot over at 215 am

How many fans were there, thursday had what 4000 . Watched it on knoxville live and video was flag stand centered and it showed the first 15 to 20 rows and 0 people in them. They also went left and right and 0 fans either way. Go to the world finals and see everyone of the 14,000 seats sold and 5000 fans in the pit stands and roming around. After 9 years this deal isn't coming along like it should, but i'm not saying they i'm sure still making money.
    The mods only ran Saturday night last year. Yes Thursday night was a smaller crowd. There were people sitting from about row 14 up. Friday night was probably the biggest prelim night crowd I've seen. Saturday it wouldn't suprise me if it was 14,000 people. Name one other race that has that many people come through the gates(besides Eldora) throughout the entire weekend??? And Cedar Lake doesn't come close.

Considering the location and time of year, this race is coming along just fine. Maybe if you actually went, you could see that. Instead you sit behind your computer screen and make your uninformed observations from there.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 09-30-2012 at 12:44 PM.

I think they are trying to have a better surface for the feature. They need about two classes to iron out the track and to fill dead time after qual and heats,etc. They don't need the tracks to run every class,heats and all that stuff. That makes the show run too late ,and the track is junk by the time the feature starts.

The world finals in Charlotte is way more ! Probally 45,000 to 50,000 fans over 3 days. Since we are counting all the fans on the sitting in the back and going through the pits. This is a much bigger show with 66 LM Aand 56 Sprints and 40 or so Big block Mods, and guess what, races done at 11pm, no hot dog selling time

the delays this year were ridiculous.the racing was great but the delays just dragged the night out on thursday and friday.on saturday it was over 1 hour from the end of the B to the start of the A and yes i know they did driver intros but that was maybe 15 minutes of the hour total.they should have an invite only mod race each night(no more than 30 cars) and YES they had room in the pits for the mods to park.

congrats to steve francis on the win.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

each modified and street stock car brings an average of five to the pits and eight to ten to the stands maybe more to a big race. i used to attend a track that had a yearly "big" race and when the bigger guys came in the track would cater to them. which is fine to an extent yes it brings them back but at the same time you make ten regulars mad that show every week and bring ten to fifteen with them. the small classes bring the fans and are more often than not the best races of the night. and not to mention a good driver likes to watch other cars run so they can tell what the track is doing and theres alot of talent that comes out of the smaller classes. Josh Mcguire, mike marlar, jimmy owens just to name a few how do they get noticed if they cant run where the big boys are?????

Quote Originally Posted by jgib3414 View Post
    each modified and street stock car brings an average of five to the pits and eight to ten to the stands maybe more to a big race. i used to attend a track that had a yearly "big" race and when the bigger guys came in the track would cater to them. which is fine to an extent yes it brings them back but at the same time you make ten regulars mad that show every week and bring ten to fifteen with them. the small classes bring the fans and are more often than not the best races of the night. and not to mention a good driver likes to watch other cars run so they can tell what the track is doing and theres alot of talent that comes out of the smaller classes. Josh Mcguire, mike marlar, jimmy owens just to name a few how do they get noticed if they cant run where the big boys are?????
    well last night at our track it was lil guys night with mods and lates as support class to bring the crowd up and definetly the car count up

Thanks to last couple of post. LM racing is the best and all iv'e tried to say is a support class to fill all the down time is what I would want. And it seems to me a good financial deal for the track also with extra fans and pit passes. You could even limit the support class to 24 or 26 cars, 3 heats, b-main for position and a a-main. This takes very little time and would fill down time ! CONGRATS STEVE #15