Default hoosier vs american racer

any opinions on wich is a better tire for the local racer currently run hoosiers but tired of all the work was considering switching brands but not sure if that is a smart move opinions welcome thanks

depends on alot of things.. your track surface.. how many laps you run.. your tire budget.. Racers are better on some tracks over hoosiers.. Hoosiers are better on some tracks than Racers.. We run at a track that guys run both.. I see the Racer guys taking off at the start but fading and the Hoosier guys coming on from the middle of the race to the end.. What chassis make??? Racer doesnt have the wide selection of compounds like Hoosier does so your gonna have to carry more tires to be sure you have what you need..

I run at a track where u can run both tires ive never run Hoosiers but beat half of the guys that run Hoosiers I grove my racers so they look like Hoosiers with the square Blocks about half the size of the Hoosier's

If you have to run hard tires, the AR 56 is a better tire than the Hoosier 1600, LM 40, 55 or whatever it is in your neck of the woods.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

no its open tire rule run everything from 1200 to 1325 or 33 to48

Hoosier has almost destroyed local small time racing several times trying to monopolize racing by screwing the racer thru the promoters and sanctioning folks. As for hard tires I prefer American Racers. JMHO after 30+ years in the game.

any opinions on the softer stuff

Default 33's

we just ran a 35 lap feature that had probably 30 caution laps, one longer green runof maybe 12 laps, led every lap in a 2302 pound open late with a pair of 38's and those tires will be on the car at hesston this week-end. AR tend to produce more drive for our car and set-up. At a normal weekly race 25 laps, we run 33's without issue. We led about 12 laps of another special in July with a set of 33's on as well but they faded at lap 25 or so, 38's would have been the ticket.

If I had my choice.... American Racers.

After Rome Bloomquist said he could not run with the racers,bet Hoosiers liked that!

After finally getting tired of our Hoosiers glazing over and not refiring after cautions. We made a switch to A/R's last year and havent looked back. Great tire wear, they re-fire just like they was before the caution, and we love the block pattern options you have.