Thread: LR shock/spring

Default LR shock/spring

I'm new to mods and I have a four bar car that I'm running as a limited modified. What is the difference between having having a coil over shock/spring behind the rear end on the LR or running a shock eliminator with spring behind the LR with the shock ahead of the rear end. Which setup is preferred?

preferred on LR is shock in front of axle slider behind and coil over the RR in front of axle is your brake floated on the LR?

This was my first year in a mod. My car came setup with the LR on a coilover. We switched to the shock ahead and the car was a little more stable and seemed to get better bite.

Thx for the help guys... The LR is floated.

I ran the shock in front of the LR and the slider behind last weekend. The sling is unloading on the slider when the car rolls over. Should I go with a taller spring? And if so, do I change the spring rate to compensate for the taller spring? I currently run 200 on LR and 175 on RR.

I ran the shock in front of the LR and the slider behind last weekend. The spring is unloading on the slider when the car rolls over. Should I go with a taller spring? And if so, do I change the spring rate to compensate for the taller spring? I currently run 200 on LR and 175 on RR.

No, The spring unloading won't hurt anything. When the car is up on the bars, the spring is out of play.