Default Bring back the "Run What You Brung" class

I think that some tracks should bring back this class because you never know what someone is going to bring and its better, more equal racing. Any thoughts or opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Pro View Post
    I think that some tracks should bring back this class because you never know what someone is going to bring and its better, more equal racing. Any thoughts or opinions?

It's called Super Late Model... Doesn't seem to be working very well for many local tracks that have cut out that class...

Kankakee County Speedway (IL)

Run Whatcha Brung with Racers Swap Meet Sunday, Oct. 21st

Swap begins at 8am

Practice at Noon

Qualifying & Racing thereafter

go to www.kankakeecountyspeedway.com for more details.
    FastLane Web Dezign - "Live Life in the FastLane"

Support your local weekly racing programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Pro View Post
    Run what ya brung? Better, more equal racing? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING? Run what ya brung is the most unregulated class (?) there is and whoever brings the most HP 99 times out of 100 is going to win.Better, more equal? HA!!!!

Many years ago, late in the season after the points racing was completed at Peoria Speedway they ran open competition nights as long as weather would allow.

I remember well Jack Tyne mounting a Crosley body onto his sprint car that he ran at Fairbury all year and raced it at Peoria in these open competition races they had.

I don't remember how good the competition was, I do however, remember there were some really interesting looking racing machines running in those races.

Quote Originally Posted by RACEMAN View Post
    Run what ya brung? Better, more equal racing? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING? Run what ya brung is the most unregulated class (?) there is and whoever brings the most HP 99 times out of 100 is going to win.Better, more equal? HA!!!!
    At the tracks i go to they are always black slick. You don't need a $15,000 motor to win. They need to have motor restrictions in that class if they had it. Back then they had equal racing until someone made up something else then they went to that(plexi-glass sides and stuff like that). The crowd would defiantly like seeing the wild inventions people come up with.

In the 80's and 90's at Winchester, in Indiana, the last race of the year was a run what you brungs supermodified/sprint car show. They raced the cars together in the feature. No rules , just racing. Watching Vogler in the old Miller plating sprint car, battle Bentley Warren's supermodified was a helluva show.

Quote Originally Posted by Racephoto1 View Post
    In the 80's and 90's at Winchester, in Indiana, the last race of the year was a run what you brungs supermodified/sprint car show. They raced the cars together in the feature. No rules , just racing. Watching Vogler in the old Miller plating sprint car, battle Bentley Warren's supermodified was a helluva show.
    Oh, those were the days. You jest forgot to mention that sometimes it snowed