Default Throw out bearing?

How much play should you have before the bearing touches the fingers on the clutch? Without engaging the clutch. I am thinking I might need a long bearing. I have quiet a bit of movement back, but not much front. I have a sag trans, zoom clutch and pp, stock alum. bell, stock fork, and back engine mounts. Also have a pull cylinder on the pedal. Sorry for all the basic questions... I am new to the chevy v-8 stuff... lol... Thanks...

.063"-.125" should get you where u need to be.

How much gap should there be between bearing and fingers with a ram assault triple disk?
    Last edited by Driver88; 10-15-2012 at 03:38 PM.

I hooked it up last night.... I have about an 1/8" to 1/4".... I had to make a longer rod. It seems to work fine...Thanks...

.063-.125" will work fine. You also need to keep in mind that you may have to add a pedal stop to the clutch pedal so you do not over extend the throwout bearing and put to much force on the pressure splate when you push the pedal in. You can possibly mess the clutch plate up you dont have a pedal stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver88 View Post
    How much gap should there be between bearing and fingers with a ram assault triple disk?

How much total travel should it have? Because I don't have a stop..... Could you just back it off the throw out bearing? So it doesn't press to far...Thanks

Well its hard to say because the throwout bearing travel is based on what type of pressure plate/clutch you are using. You need to have enough travel to disengage the clutch when you press on the clutch pedal. You can jack the rear of the car up and get the rear wheels off the ground. Sit in the car and put the car in gear and then press the clutch in and have someone try to spin the rear tires by hand. If the tires won't rotate you need more bearing travel. If they do rotate then you can back off on the spacing. You just need enough travel to have the pressure plate disengage the clutch plate plus just a tad bit more for insurance and for clutch plate wear. Depending on what type of throwout bearing you have and the type of bellhousing you have then making the adjustment can be a pain thats why I suggested the pedal stop. In the past I did not have a pedal stop on the clutch and over time I had a clutch plate failure by having too much force on the pressure plate when the pedal was put to the floor. This force caused the center of the clutch disk to break out. Also, too much throwout bearing travel can cause the throwout bearing to seperate and start to leak at the orings inside the bearing. Hope this helps.