For Immediate Release
October 16th, 2012

Johnny Pursley Wins BEAST Finale at Gordon Park

Clover, South Carolina (10/16/12) – Johnny Pursley entered the final Battle of the Eastern All Stars Tour (BEAST) race of the 2012 season on Saturday night with a $4,000-to-win event at Gordon Park Speedway (Grovetown, Georgia), and the end result would be his second win of the 2012 campaign.

Twenty-two Super Late Models entered the event, and Johnny started the night by setting fast time with a 13.315 second lap around the oval in his #b4 Wilson Motorsports/Mastersbilt entry. His qualifying performance earned him the pole position for the feature, and despite multiple challenges he led every lap on his way to the win, which came over Casey Roberts, Dennis Franklin, Ivedent Lloyd Jr., and Jordy Knipper.

The victory gave him a sweep of series events at the oval as he also won back in April at the facility.

The finish left Pursley and Roberts tied for the series' title, but Roberts won the BEAST championship due to have more victories than Pursley. As a result Pursley finished second in the final standings.

“When you get outrun by Casey you get outrun by the best,” Pursley said of the series chase. "We knew coming in what we had to do, and we did it. But, Casey knew what he had to do, too.”

“This racetrack just suits my style,” Pursley said. “Casey pressured me a little bit there in the middle of the race. But I got my rhythm back there after the last restart and could pull out on him from there.”
Full results and the final standings are available at www.RaceTheBeast.com.

Pursley will return to action this weekend with the Carolina Clash tour as he travels to Fayetteville Motor Speedway (Fayetteville, North Carolina) for a $4,000-to-win event at the facility. Johnny is currently eighth in the latest series' standings. For more information on the event please visit available at www.CarolinaClash.com .

Johnny Pursley would like to thank all of his sponsors including Pursleys Grading, Freeman Plumbing, Twin Oaks Racing, Eagle Manufacturing, Custom Race Engines, Fred Caldwell Chevrolet, Farmers Service Center, Sisco Fire, Money Savers Heating &Air, Lindsey Harris Grading, FK Rod Ends, Travis Boyd Construction, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Johnny Pursley please visit www.JohnnyPursleyRacing.com .