Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks Dynoman!

Special thanks again to BDR Racing, Joe , Bobby & Deanna. Don't know that we can do much better than UMP and PCRA National Champioinships & 37 wins out of 41 races, we even won a couple SUPER races with the Little Fastrak Crate that could...I guess we can try right??? Where there is a will there is a way !!!

They are truly special folks and 100% professional racers. I am blessed to be associated with them and hope to be for many years to come. Their help in developing, testing, & selling my stuff has been a great catalyst for my successes over the past 3-4 years I could not have done it without you guys. Special prayers go out for Deanna ( BDR Wife & Mom ) in hopes of better health in 2013.

First off, I have never spammed any site. I have been posting on here and a couple other sites for the last 3-4 years, some others for 10+ years.

My time is pretty well limited but I do have technology working for me. My stock selling and buying enables me to get my bills at home and at the shop paid on a monthly basis. I now have 4 computers set up with separate URL's and separate investment accounts and I have come up with a system that gets my stock buying and selling done with about 30 minutes of prep time and all I have to do is close out the accounts at the end of the day. I have helped a couple 4m'rs get set up and running on a similar program and their results have been 200% net profit in 90 days from $2500 start up.

I have a fully automated treatment process for metals that is unique to me and my world, that I can leave for days and timers and solenoids take care of a lot. I have been to a lot of places in the world due to selling Serdi machines to some of the most advanced race teams on the planet. I just got back from California and have a contract for 3 machines to go to an R&D Company in Japan. I have already sold them # Serdi machines in 2005-6 upon their entry into CUP.

As far as unhappy customers, I never claimed to be perfect and I don't deal real will with racers that don't know how to carry on a civil conversation. In my world when you have a problem you identify it, solve it and move on.

I also do not operate well when multiple people from the same race team tell me 3 different stories about what has happened and when I get a carb back that was never touched and the needles are imbedded into the seats from over adjustment. Once that happens you can pretty much hang it up because the line of communication has been compromised and nothing from that point on can be reliable.

As far as my carburetors not running with certain gas etc., when I build and dyno a carb it is built around the Specific Gravity ( density ) of the fuel the customer runs. In my metering block set-ups I use jet numbers and jet wells that are significantly smaller than most other builders. It relates to a patent pending process that allows better fuel emulsification than most metering blocks. The down side is dirt / trash in the fuel system. Racers that follow my recommendations regarding fuel pressure and regulation, fuel filtration and keeping dirt out of the carb have no problems.

BDR racing experienced exactly this towards the end of the season as I am sure that the dark fine grit of the soil they run in is what has caused some metering block problems. That is why I like to get house carbs back after about every 10 races so I can run them thru the Ultrasonic and get the fine sediment out of the Jet Wells.

One customer on here with carb problems had me build a carb for a certain 110 fuel and then changed brands carb did not run. Come to find out not only was there a fuel change but the pressure was up around 7-8psi and my needle and seats are designed around 4-5psi which is plenty enough for 850HP, with proper needle and seat configuration. Extra pressure only adds power robbing aeration of the fuel in the bowl creating a lower density fuel charge than the carb was built for, that is usually why there is sputtering and stumbling in most cars running above 5psi. The way around it is to use a big needle and seat that has more mass damping and not as sensitive to the fuel flow allowing aeration and as long as you have big jets and big jet wells that is fine, but it also limits the accuracy of the fuel curve.

There is as much as a 20% difference in burn curve, distillation curve and fuel density between the 4 Sunoco 110 fuels and 3 VP 110 fuels. They are also different depending on where they originate from as far as distribution centers. CT, TX, CA, GA, MS, ID, etc. all have different variations of the same fuel numbers depending on Sanction, Track Rules and Track Owner agreements. If I want a cheap 110 at my track I can have it made and it might be 10-15HP different than the same fuel number at a track up the road 50 miles.

I have tested over 100 different fuel blends this season alone and have had differing results with each one.

Just saying, my way is not the only way but it is the only way I know.

BTW, I am not looking for more work, I am currently 12 weeks behind on CUSTOM headers, and I have 27- 604 crates in the floor now to get ready for SpeedWeeks and 2013.
    I have always said I am looking for a couple new QUALITY & Professional racers to work with every year. That is the only way I have ever done things and I have been in business for 25+ years.

Why do you continue to write a book of BS on here everytime you post? I took a set of springs and dropped em in water with my secret blend of spices, Penske has been buying them by the truckload for the new Ford stuff. Really neat stuff. I just sold a guy ten candy bars in Africa.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Why do I find the numbers in this photo funny?
    http://www.performancechassisdyno.com/4a.jpg

The 602, makes 7 less HP, with a carburetor that's got a choke horn on it than the 604 which out of the box is already 50 horse up on the 602? LOL and this is RWHP. You must smoke some really good crack or just be a real dumba**.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

GRT12,
    You must be another one of them PATHETIC Iowa "know it alls" that has never run a crate engine before. You need to hook up with Stockcar and the other guy from over there and circle jerk your street stocks or Mods around the block a few times, you will be seeing what crate engines can do as this year rolls around and makes all of you super duper engine builders cry as the crates spank your A$$es like red headed step children.

If you would like I can get the former owner of that 602 Car and Carburetor to come on here and tell you about it. He won 2 or 3 crate races with it after we had it on the SuperflowChassisDYno for a couple days on an off. Guess what he outran 604's and Limiteds that had him by more than 100HP. He sold the car to a rookie driver in VA that won 12 out of 16 races with it and then totalled the car and had it clipped and it never ran right again after that.

Are you too stupid to know that a choke horn when positioned properly with the right air cleaner will outflow an HP style carb with an open air cleaner. You might want to research that on your flow bench as there is something about turning air 90* that a choke horn actually helps out.

Why do you think NASCAR 350-2 BBl racers left choke horns on carbs when track rules allowed them to be machined off ??? I guess them guys were dumba$$es too.

But wait...I bet you are wayyyy tooo smart to work that out.

SmokinJoe,
    You originally said you did not want to settle your business on here and yet you have re-posted on here after I have a confirmed read me reciepts of the emails I have tracked and sent to you. Rather than text you here it is for you and everybody else to see.

Our original agreement on me building you an engine for $5000 off because you could not afford it was that you would offer it back to me to purchase rather than selling it to someone else. Since the engine was never re-tagged as you being the owner, the line of ownership was never established therefore that engine# will be declared illegal at any FASTRAK or NeSmith race it attends as you never followed up like you said you would in filing transfer of ownership with FASTRAK. I feel sorry for the person who bought it from you as you probably did not make them aware of that fact.

As you have sold my crate engine without letting me know, I guess I am hung with the set of custom headers you had me build for your car.

The Willy's Carb I sent you was direct from BDR and had won 16 races on his car, I had him send it to me, cleaned it and put new gaskets in it and sent it to you as a favor as my New Center Sections were not back from CNC. The first Carb I sent you was run without a Pressure Regulator and never ran right because of 7-8 psi instead of the 4-5PSI I recommended. Not sure why the Willys I overnited you at my cost, was winning races for BDR and would not run on your car. Oh yea the Sunoco No-Lead you were going to run was quite different than the Sunoco 110 you ended up running, almost 12 jet sizes to be exact. Guess the guy that shipped the fuel was lying about that too.

Since you never paid for the $600 of work I did on your QFT to update it and make it 21 RWHP better, just keep the Willys loaner carb and sell it. If that is all I lose from dealing with you I will consider myself way ahead.

Like I said in my e-mail, I will gladly refund you your $900 once you ship me back my loaner carb, less shipping on the loaner and the $600 balance you owe on the work on the QFT. I put in new throttle shafts, replaced the metering blocks with smaller orifice blocks and re-bored booster channels to equalize booster draw. Send me back both carbs and I'll send you a certified check for $900 and wish you all the luck in the world for you future racing career.

Oh yea, sorry you ran out of money and could not afford the Custom Headers, Carb, Fuel Pump, Lines, Ignition System, Pulley System Low Drag Water and PS Pumps the engine was originally dyno'd with. I was told you bought newwheels for your race car and had to leave off all the bolt on's that made power for the engine but maybe that guy on your team lied to me too.

I will eat the $1,750 on the Stainless Headers, Custom flanges, collectors, extensions, mufflers and coating

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    No biggie on the chokes, but 386 rwhp from a motor that is known 350 at the flywheel is good stuff!!
    That is because his water pump makes 20 HP and he has 4 of them mounted on that engine!
    GO ahead and tell me I know nothing about crate racing but before you do just Ask Stan Lester who I am as he knows. We ran his series, only ran 1/2 a year and still finished top 5 in points. And that was with a stock out of the crate 604 that also won 5 races against super late model engines and an NLMSS race, Won 13 races in one year and had an average finish of 7th running NLMSS, Super and Limited late model races out of 40 races we ran that year.

I'm not sure that stock car driver and I know it all, but we do know quite a bit. I'm sure my resume doesn't compare to your made up fairytale one.

I'll come pay you a visit, let me know where your shop is.

Mark, all of your "buddies" say you're addicted to drugs. Is that true?

Smokinjoe,, no disrespect to you.

I think about the dollar amounts on all Dynos products, and I am amazed.

Funny how dyno's psi recommendations have changed during this thread. Started out @ 5.5-6 and is now saying 4-5. Hmmm.

That's because it's off the cuff b.s. 12 jet sizes for the fuel? Not realistic even if you go from Sunoco Standard 110 with a sg of .729 to the oxygenated fuel. Sunoco can tell you that if you ask.
    Dauderman is a good driver and could win with parts that aren't anything special. Someone was born 200 years too late and belongs in front of a covered wagon selling Dr. Smith's Miracle Elixer (whiskey). All about the "sizzle"", right? Just figure out how to do something and be honest. Sheesh!

Wow! I caught the fuel pressure change requirements, but totally missed the "12" jet size changes...Wow, so on a 4412 we are going to go from 73's to 85's...LMAO

Default dynoman

--- On Thu, 4/26/12, Mark Mancinelli <mancinelli@att.net> wrote:

Subject: Your 604 is finished and it is a HOG !!!
    To: "Tim and Cindy Ratajczyk" <trat112@htc.net>
    Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 1:26 AM

Tim,
    Don't tell anybody but your US made block on the second time around really came to life and kicked out some serious power.

My original quote on freshening up your old engine was $3500-$4000. I was able to do that and keep under budget at $3400 on the rebuild and machining. The additions were:
    Canadian head castings$1100
    ring pack $200,
    stock cam & blu-printed lifters $650,
    Carb work & 18 Chassis dyno pulls $525 picked up +11HP
    Extra set of springs $149 ( $50 discount )
    2 extra gallons of Alien engine oil and filter $149

$3500
    +$1950 Engine parts above.
    + $525 Carb Work
    + $298 Springs and Oil
    ======
    $6273
    - $1500 Pmt #1
    - $1200 Pmt #2
    ======
    $3573 Balance Due
    or
    $4468 with carb #1

Balance due can with paypal or with Wal-Mart Money Gram.

I will end up covering the dyno day this time around to save you some $$$ as it is an additional cost of $550.

If you want the extra carb I built and dyno'd with the engine that is +13HP better than your upgraded carb. If you want to purchase that one it would be your carb and additional $895 ( $150 savings over purchase $1595 ).

Engine made 438HP with QFT & 451HP with Carb#1.

Additional tested items :
    HPD headers arer +13HP over Schoenfelds ( $1795 headers, saddle flanges, extensions and mufflers
    HPD modified water pump and pulleys +9HP over MotorState
    ( $725 )

Original baseline old engine 387HP
    Baseline new engine 1st pull 403HP
    Baseline after break-in 427HP
    QFT Carb work 438HP
    Carb #1 451HP
    HPD headers 464HP
    HPD water pump / Pulleys 471HP
    VP C-12 over mix +4HP 475HP
    Sunoco 98 & VP 98 UNL 476HP
    VP CHP 482HP

The engine pulls strong up to 6800 but since the head ports are small it drops down above there.

That is the most I have ever gotten out of a UMP style crate.

Engine should be ready to pick-up Thursday about 1pm at the soonest.

You can e-mail me back as I still don't have my cel back from KBM, they shipped it to my (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shop and I am not there when I am on Darrels dyno.

I would rather have you miss a race that you would not have won with the engine the way it was, and go out and win some right off the bat with a "killer" piece.

Thanks for you patience,
    Mark

Mark this is the email from you to me showing i paid for the carb work.I dont know where you came up with the fastrack line of bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) My motor is a ump motor and was not fastrack sealed.By the way how is it your motor when i sent you a motor and paid you 6200 hundred dollars to rebuild. I can also paste the email from me to you telling you i did not want the headers.Actually i should paste every email between you and i it would make interesting reading,as stated earlier i have every one of them with the last email from you to me in may.I was done with this thread until you started talking trash about me not paying for things that is not how i am or ever will be.

Default dynoman

One more thing mark . I currently have the used willys carb for sale for 500 dollars.So at a 400 dollar loss im the one that feels lucky to cut my ties with you. If you lie or trash talk about me on here again i will start pasting more emails between you and i,one at a time for every time this happens.Also money is not a problem but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough.

Wow...a $725 waterpump..9 hp over Motostate...wonder how much over a good $275 Adams?? Just curious...

How many times has Dyno posted on here that he does not build engines?

Is this guy serious, or does he just get off telling stories?

I have one of his internally balanced oil filters spins on real nice, no wobbles

Default 3rd Place at $20K to w in Crate Race in Swainsboro

Special thanks to Michael Page and Rick Brady for running my laydown $hit at the $20K to win Crate Race at Swainsboro.

They ran 3rd with Treated GM Springs, Plugs, Oil and Filter ( Power-Pack Special +25RWHP ).

We should have a deal in place real soon for some races in 2013 with a complete drive-train program.