Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks Dynoman!

EGO,
    Never said I did not build engines, I said I did not certify crate engines.
    I have never doubted the fact that you know what you are talking about you are just an A$$hole in the way you treat people on this sight that you have a differing opinion with.
    I am proud you could run only half the races and finish in the top of the points...what does that say about your competition?

Most places I ever raced you had to run the whole season just to make it into the top 20, Lanier Raceway, PeachStateSpeeday, Dixie Speedway, Rome Speedway, & ARCA; Daytona, Talladega, Charlotte, Atlanta, Pocono, Nashville, just saying.

Did you really sell that all-aluminum engine on e-bay for $6600 ? Man what a steal that was. I just paid $2600 for a nice used aluminum block, it had a 55mm cam tunnel and roller cam bearings with Titanium main caps and studs. Most everything else on the block including the fuel pump, motor mounts and bell housing has been milled off by LSM.

SJ Dave,
    A good ADAMS crate pump is about 2-3rwhp better than a MotorState ( depending on how you drive it ), and an Adams with a special restrictor plate impeller is about 7-9 better than a stock ADAMS. I have been using Carls stuff since Howard Stewart shut down and sold his place. As much as you post on here about your racing endeavors I am sure you would have spent some time on they dyno learning something or would you just rather make negative comments about other peoples work?

Tim,
    Tim if you are not that way how come you told me to go ahead with the crate headers, and that you wanted the water pump and ignition system I dyno'd the engine with and after I rounded up the stuff for you, you stopped answering my e-mails or phone calls??? I still have them sitting here.

ALSO...
    Better let the buyer of that crate engine know that it will need to be inspected and re-sealed before he races with Fastrak as you never applied for a Fastrak Licence and transferred ownership to you. I did not see anything you posted about the deal we had for me to buy that engine back if you got ready to sell it.

My last e-mail offer to you was complete refund of your $895 once you return my Willy's loaner carb and the QFT Carb I already Credited you $525 for.

I am sorry you feel slighted, I removed the $525 QFT Charge from your invoice so you paid a net of $370 for the original 830ADB carb I shipped you. When that one did not work, I overnited you the Willys I had just re-built that was a BDR back-up for a year and probably 10 wins, at my personal cost of over $200, so you would have something while I checked the 830 ADB Carb u shipped back to me.

I checked the 830 ADB carb and the floats were set about 6 turns too high and the titanium needles were imbedded into the seats from excessive fuel pressure. I re-set the float heights and install new needles and shipped the 830 ADB carb to Bobby to test run to make sure it would be fine for you. After he ran it the next week and won with it I was planning on swapping it back to you but you never returned my texts or calls and your nephew texted me said you thought my stuff was junk and you would not be running it any more.

Fuel Pressure comments-
    As far as the rest of the morons on here commenting on my changing fuel pressures...I dyno all of my race engines up to 850HP at 4-5PSI, the needles and seats I use will accomodate that much power with minimal fuel pressure as long as volume is adequate. The fuel pumps I use on my engines are valved for maximum volume and pressure at about 5psi. If a customer does not opt for the fuel pump I dyno the engine with, I recommend a max of 5-6psi with over the counter pumps.

50j,
    Once again your genius shines, maybe you should be checking the differences between Oxygenated Green Sunoco and Sunoco 110, it has similarities to most like VP or others and the jet differences are usually 8-10. Since my carbs are significantly smaller on jet well and jet well orifices it takes a larger jet size to make an equivalent change in #/HR of fuel delivery. Maybe if you knew a little about how a carburetor works you would understand that. And another thing you and your idiot band of merry men might not understand if you build a carburetor to have less fuel in the signal path of a much larger displacement it leaves more room for air...therefore it is easier to increase the V.E. of an engine with a bigger CFM Carburetor metering less fuel than it is designed for but still keeping the booster signal high so the fuel draw stays consistent thru the entire range of engine vacuum. Why do you think Restrictor Plate Nascar engines used to run 830ADB carbs??? Not just because they were big, those engines only made 450HP which was way low for close to 950cfms of air.

Wonder why? maybe one of you geniuses con post something intelligent on the subject.

Default Dynoman

--- On Sun, 5/6/12, Tim and Cindy Ratajczyk <trat112@htc.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: Carb and Headers
    To: "Mark Mancinelli" <mancinelli@att.net>
    Date: Sunday, May 6, 2012, 9:28 PM

Mark if you can get the carb out monday that would be great cause i need it by thursday.our next series race is friday in kentucky so we will be leaving mid day friday.paducah is a big track and i think the carb will really help.what headers are you talking about from beyea.are these the custom headers that are 1750 if so i might have to wait on these till i get a little more money put back in the racing fund. Thanks Tim

You just sent a payment Transaction ID: 8GK74724GG7775503

Hello tim or cindy ratajczyk,

Thanks for using PayPal. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
    See your invoice

Merchant
    mark mancinelli
    mancinelli@att.net

Note to mark mancinelli
    You haven't sent a note.
    Shipping address - confirmed
    6816 triple lakes rd.
    millstadt, IL 62260
    United States

Description Unit price Qty Amount
    Crate Carb #1 $895.00 1 $895.00
    Subtotal $895.00
    Shipping and handling $35.00
    Total $930.00 USD
    Payment $930.00 USD

Charge will appear on your credit card statement as PAYPAL *MANCINELLI
    Payment sent to mark mancinelli
    Invoice ID TR412-CARB#1

Mark , the first email shows i told you to wait on the headers.The second email is a confirmation of payment for 895 dollars for you carb.Plus i already paid you 525 for work on my Qft carb, so i really dont know how you think i only paid 370 net for your carb.Their was never an agreement between you and i for you to buy MY motor back.Also i dont know where this fastrak stuff came from there is not a fastrak sanctioned track around here within 3 hrs.I dont care about fastrak this is ump country.Furthermore i didnt just sell my crate motor i sold a complete turn key racecar to an old racer buddys nephew which will be run in ump.I have not received anything from you since i paid this invoice. Like i said i am really done with you and this unless you want to call me. 314-971-2927

Fellers, just got in from the super shop. I have been tuning a 2x4 block of wood for pure speed. If you buy it and carry it with you, with my super titanium nails and glue, you will win every race. I'm about to name drop so it could get lengthy.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14 View Post
    EGO,
    Never said I did not build engines, I said I did not certify crate engines.
    I have never doubted the fact that you know what you are talking about you are just an A$$hole in the way you treat people on this sight that you have a differing opinion with.
    I am proud you could run only half the races and finish in the top of the points...what does that say about your competition?

Most places I ever raced you had to run the whole season just to make it into the top 20, Lanier Raceway, PeachStateSpeeday, Dixie Speedway, Rome Speedway, & ARCA; Daytona, Talladega, Charlotte, Atlanta, Pocono, Nashville, just saying.

Did you really sell that all-aluminum engine on e-bay for $6600 ? Man what a steal that was. I just paid $2600 for a nice used aluminum block, it had a 55mm cam tunnel and roller cam bearings with Titanium main caps and studs. Most everything else on the block including the fuel pump, motor mounts and bell housing has been milled off by LSM.

SJ Dave,
    A good ADAMS crate pump is about 2-3rwhp better than a MotorState ( depending on how you drive it ), and an Adams with a special restrictor plate impeller is about 7-9 better than a stock ADAMS. I have been using Carls stuff since Howard Stewart shut down and sold his place. As much as you post on here about your racing endeavors I am sure you would have spent some time on they dyno learning something or would you just rather make negative comments about other peoples work?

Tim,
    Tim if you are not that way how come you told me to go ahead with the crate headers, and that you wanted the water pump and ignition system I dyno'd the engine with and after I rounded up the stuff for you, you stopped answering my e-mails or phone calls??? I still have them sitting here.

ALSO...
    Better let the buyer of that crate engine know that it will need to be inspected and re-sealed before he races with Fastrak as you never applied for a Fastrak Licence and transferred ownership to you. I did not see anything you posted about the deal we had for me to buy that engine back if you got ready to sell it.

My last e-mail offer to you was complete refund of your $895 once you return my Willy's loaner carb and the QFT Carb I already Credited you $525 for.

I am sorry you feel slighted, I removed the $525 QFT Charge from your invoice so you paid a net of $370 for the original 830ADB carb I shipped you. When that one did not work, I overnited you the Willys I had just re-built that was a BDR back-up for a year and probably 10 wins, at my personal cost of over $200, so you would have something while I checked the 830 ADB Carb u shipped back to me.

I checked the 830 ADB carb and the floats were set about 6 turns too high and the titanium needles were imbedded into the seats from excessive fuel pressure. I re-set the float heights and install new needles and shipped the 830 ADB carb to Bobby to test run to make sure it would be fine for you. After he ran it the next week and won with it I was planning on swapping it back to you but you never returned my texts or calls and your nephew texted me said you thought my stuff was junk and you would not be running it any more.

Fuel Pressure comments-
    As far as the rest of the morons on here commenting on my changing fuel pressures...I dyno all of my race engines up to 850HP at 4-5PSI, the needles and seats I use will accomodate that much power with minimal fuel pressure as long as volume is adequate. The fuel pumps I use on my engines are valved for maximum volume and pressure at about 5psi. If a customer does not opt for the fuel pump I dyno the engine with, I recommend a max of 5-6psi with over the counter pumps.

50j,
    Once again your genius shines, maybe you should be checking the differences between Oxygenated Green Sunoco and Sunoco 110, it has similarities to most like VP or others and the jet differences are usually 8-10. Since my carbs are significantly smaller on jet well and jet well orifices it takes a larger jet size to make an equivalent change in #/HR of fuel delivery. Maybe if you knew a little about how a carburetor works you would understand that. And another thing you and your idiot band of merry men might not understand if you build a carburetor to have less fuel in the signal path of a much larger displacement it leaves more room for air...therefore it is easier to increase the V.E. of an engine with a bigger CFM Carburetor metering less fuel than it is designed for but still keeping the booster signal high so the fuel draw stays consistent thru the entire range of engine vacuum. Why do you think Restrictor Plate Nascar engines used to run 830ADB carbs??? Not just because they were big, those engines only made 450HP which was way low for close to 950cfms of air.

Wonder why? maybe one of you geniuses con post something intelligent on the subject.
    Mark,,, whats the accuracy of a chassis dyno you are using, brand?

I know years ago Superflow was at +/- 1%. Using that number, on a 400 hp motor is -4 hp to +4 hp. The water pump hp difference is well within the in accuracy of the dyno.

Dave,

His dyno over-rates products by at least 10%. Don't forget that.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

HA, Shows how full of $hit you really are, I have never EVER even sold an engine part on E bay. If you are going to try to insult someone get your facts straight and know who you are talking about. Now if you want to keep going I am sure my attorney would be REALLY interested in what you have to say.

Ever notice as soon as someone talks about ordering parts, he is backed up 2-3 weeks?

Default dynoman sold me stale cookies!!!

Ive yet to use the treated spings he sold me 3 yrs ago but i do know for a fact that his springs tested best above all during turkey 100 tech and the team he helped ran a strong 3rd.

Dyno, you do not step the jet size up 8 to 10 sizes when going from Sunoco Standard 110 to oxygenated fuel including the Green E15. You do go up but not quite that much and darn sure not 12 sizes. YOU obviously don't know anything about carbs. Should we re-visit the 350 cfm 4412, the two stage power valves in 3310's to make up for yanking the secondary side open with a sheet metal screw, using 2 times more fuel with E-85 than with gas, the Dorton 4412 metering blocks with adjustable bleeds, and more? You're struggling.
    Last edited by 50j; 11-26-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Also, they used the 830 carbs to match the restrictor plate but use a large venturi and your hp numbers are way off.

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14
    Oil Filters:
    As for the folks that wanted to try mine, I am not selling them anymore. I think you can buy the from a company in California for $49.95 ea. they market them for Offshore Boats and state a gain of 40HP on 800hp BBCs, they purchased my last run of 10,000 filters and purchased the rights to make them exclusively for their boat business. I signed a 5 year non-compete / non-disclose so you'll have to find them on your own. You can also try John Jomars filter it is pretty close and not too much cash.
    Posted on 8-13-12

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14
    They ran 3rd with Treated GM Springs, Plugs, Oil and Filter ( Power-Pack Special +25RWHP ).
    LOL

Crish H,
    You say you have had the springs for 3 years and never used them, WHY?

I will gladly re-treat them and re-rate them for you. Since we texted over the weekend regarding mufflers on Franks' crate engine why didn't you just tell me then? You can text me for shipping address and I will get them in the re-treat program and have them ready for you in 21 days.

3 Years ago Royce Bray and Kenny Harriss ran them on the way to a Fastrak Championship.

I re-treat Bobby Daudermans springs after every 5 races and all of the German steel has been holding for about 3 years now. The current material is not doing as well only lasting 1-2 treats on the intake and then I rotate them to exhaust for one or two cycles.

If you rate my treated springs on a Rimac they will be 5-10# dpwn on pressure at 1.870" but if you run them on a Valve spring dyno or Spintron you will see they are stable without harmonics and resonance up to 7200rpms.

I have had a couple folks running them at Dixie and Rome for a while and they are plenty happy with the results.

Since you are probably a customer of Lamar Hunts you need to ask him about Bobby Turners flat tappet steel head engine that got torn down about 5 times back about 20 years agp on the way to about 18 wins and 4 or 5 Bounty wins until a little deal with Bill Ingram netted them a bounty split....We were running roller springs on welded stellite cams and stellite lifters and turning 9500. Replaced springs every 2 weeks and never had a failure in 2 years of running the engine. Current springs are better but the old stellite cams are stilll kicking butt in NLMS and Limiteds running around the SE.

Crish H,
    You say you have had the springs for 3 years and never used them, WHY?

I will gladly re-treat them and re-rate them for you. Since we texted over the weekend regarding mufflers on Franks' crate engine why didn't you just tell me then? You can text me for shipping address and I will get them in the re-treat program and have them ready for you in 21 days.

3 Years ago Royce Bray and Kenny Harriss ran them on the way to a Fastrak Championship.

I re-treat Bobby Daudermans springs after every 5 races and all of the German steel has been holding for about 3 years now. The current material is not doing as well only lasting 1-2 treats on the intake and then I rotate them to exhaust for one or two cycles.

If you rate my treated springs on a Rimac they will be 5-10# dpwn on pressure at 1.870" but if you run them on a Valve spring dyno or Spintron you will see they are stable without harmonics and resonance up to 7200rpms.

I have had a couple folks running them at Dixie and Rome for a while and they are plenty happy with the results.

Since you are probably a customer of Lamar Hunts you need to ask him about Bobby Turners flat tappet steel head engine that got torn down about 5 times back about 20 years agp on the way to about 18 wins and 4 or 5 Bounty wins until a little deal with Bill Ingram netted them a bounty split....We were running roller springs on welded stellite cams and stellite lifters and turning 9500. Replaced springs every 2 weeks and never had a failure in 2 years of running the engine. Current springs are better but the old stellite cams are stilll kicking butt in NLMS and Limiteds running around the SE.
    I had a buddy that I washed his car for him and treated the body with the car wash wax. After that he ran the car three nights without washing it and the dust just flew right off. Why didn't he just telegraph me to tell me he hasn't washed the car since then? Since he is a customer of Wal Mart, he should ask the guy he bought the string cheese from about his sisters cousins brothers new pontoon that I sold him a propeller for. On the dyno it made 500 more HP at the blades. Maybe you can wrap your head around the idea of three valve springs per valve. I am afraid the irish steel that we are using on the blades require us to re wash my buddies race car every week.

ego,
    Sorry to have mistaken you for another 4m'er that is an engine builder that posted his link to that engine on e-bay, you are just the expert on everything else.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Aluminum..._Parts&vxp=mtr

GRT,
    I do not own an engine dyno currently but I do use a couple locally as well as in Charlotte. They all crank out about the same numbers on crates so it is not my dyno that is generating the numbers I discuss.

I have been under construction building an inertia engine dyno for the last 5 years and I am getting pretty close to completion. Another $15-20K and 100+ hours and I should be about done. I have tested the dyno on some small engines up to 50hp and everything is fine with data gathering, hi-rate sampling and cylinder to cylinder pick-ups. I have 2 cylinders good to 6000rpms and need to get additional channels and programming for 8 cylinders and 10,000rpms.

As you were discussing in your post you should probably stick to washing cars as that looks to be your calling.

Most you morons like stockcar5 can't read...
    Like I said in my first post...they ran my stuff, they did not purchase it. Is that a concept you can understand or do I need to explain it further ???

I don't think what I said in that post a couple months ago was in-accurate. I am not currently selling the filter that I sold to the offshore boat guy. I have a non-compete / non-disclosure agreement on that filter and its construction. I do however have 4 other proprietary filters designs and have the ability to manufacture and market when I chose to do so.

Kind of like last year when I said I don't certify Crate engines, but I do build them and get them certified by other Certified Crate Engine Builders.

50J,

Only thing I am struggling to do is to keep up with all of the BS you post on here regarding my old posts...

To address each one of your quotes of mine;
    I posted the 350cfm #4412 as a typo and I re-posted a correction of that, you ever make a mistake??? I have built and sold a couple hundred of each of those carbs thru my QuickCarb program with QuickCar Racing Products out of Winder, GA in the late 1990's.

I have been using a screw in the throttle arm for about 20 years as it is a way of working in the grey area of the rules regarding mechanical activation of vacuum secondary carbs. I also use 2 stage power valves in the secondary when allowed to augment the early opening of the secondaries while keeping the secondary jet balanced with the front jets.

Dorton HP 500 carbs do have adjustable air bleeds in the choke area and the metering blocks.

As far as green race gas I was referring to a SuperBike fuel that comes out of CT and CA at no point did I ever call it Green 15 or whatever you are referring to.

As I have said 100 times in the past, my jet numbers apply to my carburetors. Since I use much smaller jet wells, smaller but more jet well bleeds and air bleeds it takes a bigger jet size to increase the fuel mass in comparison to a standard holley. If you monitor fuel flow by mass you will easily follow the increase in fuel mass as it relates to power increases.

In my book when a fuel has 1/2 the BTU's it requires twice the volume to make the same power as an equivalent fuel with double the BTU's. Much like the comparison between e-85 and most race fuels. I know there are plenty of folks that try and make power with the lean end of the curve but any good alcohol engine builder will tune to the fat end of the stoichiometric curve.

Thanks for hijacking this thread and keeping it up top, like I have said before the more you guys rag on me the more folks I have e-mailing and pm'ing me about my products.

Thanks Y'all

Thanks for hijacking this thread and keeping it up top, like I have said before the more you guys rag on me the more folks I have e-mailing and pm'ing me about my products.
    This aint no "highjack"! After Bobby D slipped his willy out of your cornhole you asked him politely for some free advertisement! You knew what would happen. You're an attention whore, thats why you're here.

ego,
    Sorry to have mistaken you for another 4m'er that is an engine builder that posted his link to that engine on e-bay, you are just the expert on everything else.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Aluminum..._Parts&vxp=mtr

GRT,
    I do not own an engine dyno currently but I do use a couple locally as well as in Charlotte. They all crank out about the same numbers on crates so it is not my dyno that is generating the numbers I discuss.

I have been under construction building an inertia engine dyno for the last 5 years and I am getting pretty close to completion. Another $15-20K and 100+ hours and I should be about done. I have tested the dyno on some small engines up to 50hp and everything is fine with data gathering, hi-rate sampling and cylinder to cylinder pick-ups. I have 2 cylinders good to 6000rpms and need to get additional channels and programming for 8 cylinders and 10,000rpms.

As you were discussing in your post you should probably stick to washing cars as that looks to be your calling.

Most you morons like stockcar5 can't read...
    Like I said in my first post...they ran my stuff, they did not purchase it. Is that a concept you can understand or do I need to explain it further ???

I don't think what I said in that post a couple months ago was in-accurate. I am not currently selling the filter that I sold to the offshore boat guy. I have a non-compete / non-disclosure agreement on that filter and its construction. I do however have 4 other proprietary filters designs and have the ability to manufacture and market when I chose to do so.

Kind of like last year when I said I don't certify Crate engines, but I do build them and get them certified by other Certified Crate Engine Builders.

50J,

Only thing I am struggling to do is to keep up with all of the BS you post on here regarding my old posts...

To address each one of your quotes of mine;
    I posted the 350cfm #4412 as a typo and I re-posted a correction of that, you ever make a mistake??? I have built and sold a couple hundred of each of those carbs thru my QuickCarb program with QuickCar Racing Products out of Winder, GA in the late 1990's.

I have been using a screw in the throttle arm for about 20 years as it is a way of working in the grey area of the rules regarding mechanical activation of vacuum secondary carbs. I also use 2 stage power valves in the secondary when allowed to augment the early opening of the secondaries while keeping the secondary jet balanced with the front jets.

Dorton HP 500 carbs do have adjustable air bleeds in the choke area and the metering blocks.

As far as green race gas I was referring to a SuperBike fuel that comes out of CT and CA at no point did I ever call it Green 15 or whatever you are referring to.

As I have said 100 times in the past, my jet numbers apply to my carburetors. Since I use much smaller jet wells, smaller but more jet well bleeds and air bleeds it takes a bigger jet size to increase the fuel mass in comparison to a standard holley. If you monitor fuel flow by mass you will easily follow the increase in fuel mass as it relates to power increases.

In my book when a fuel has 1/2 the BTU's it requires twice the volume to make the same power as an equivalent fuel with double the BTU's. Much like the comparison between e-85 and most race fuels. I know there are plenty of folks that try and make power with the lean end of the curve but any good alcohol engine builder will tune to the fat end of the stoichiometric curve.

Thanks Y'all

Dorton 500 carbs do not have adjustable bleeds in the metering blocks, the 350 carbs do. E-85 doesn't require twice as much fuel as gas, and any engine builder that has dyno tuned both will know that. It's o.k. though, whatever you want to say. Hopefully people will fact check things before believing them, and you'll be the one to deal with your customers. It's unfortunate that people will be confused by inaccurate b.s. plastered on here. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGRT12x View Post
    I am afraid the irish steel that we are using on the blades require us to re wash my buddies race car every week.
    You Iowa boys need to step into the 21st century. I've been on a proprietary Bolivian spring sprinkled with 11 herbs and spices for years. Do i need to explain it to you for you to understand? Maybe you should ask one of my best friends Parnelli Jones what he thinks of my laydown turds. If big E were still with us he could tell ya'll a story or 2 about my shiznit!

Big E! LMAO. That would be something to see.

I have a special blend of titanium/uranium that's nuclear ready to go into this new Dodge 80 cylinder small block that is similar to what Brad Keselowski won the championship with. I don't sell parts, but people run them. I don't build engines, but I have them certified. Anyone care to tell us how you run 5 rods per cylinder and still have a BFSCMEHSKDI of 200 square meters?

I just got off the phone with Big E. He's been at my shop numerous times to get parts for his ex wifes stepsons pit bike. I have been working on a new transmission that uses no gears or anything inside. I have been testing this at the salt flats with good success. You should talk to your buddy Billy Ray Rectum over there Mark. He bought ten of these designs. I also am getting ready to release a new set of super spectrum tear offs that add 30 RWHP. I just got back from a trip to the scrap yard, if you take the right gaskets off of the old DOHC 2.4 GM engines you can use them on the small block Ford. I have a device I make that makes them into SBC gaskets, since they are running low on supply.

I have plenty of these parts, but if anyone wants one it will be a four year backlog. Sorry.

50j,
    Once again your genius shines, maybe you should be checking the differences between Oxygenated Green Sunoco and Sunoco 110, it has similarities to most like VP or others and the jet differences are usually 8-10.
    Uh, so you're not talking about the Sunoco Green here then?