Thread: fwd on pavement

Default fwd on pavement

i have a fwd with a welded diff on pavement, 3/8 lo-med bank. i am up to 1 3/4 inch of stagger in the front and it still pushes off and i'm at the limit of stagger with the tires i can use. others at the track (different car brand) tell me that they would never consider running that much stagger, that it'll break axles, be tough to drive, or slower on the straights, that i'm using stagger to mask some other issue.
    anyway i'm wondering if spring changes may help. do i want more rr spring, perhaps bigger rr tire to put more on the lf or is this opposite of what i want. do i want the the lf to work harder if it pushes or the opposite? (i would like to increase weight on the lf if possible as i feel lowering it would just cause the front to slide). weights are pretty much even across both the front and back at the moment. this is my first welded diff fwd car. always was told it would be faster but no luck so far. please help

Go back to an open diff, just because it works for the next guy dont mean it will for you. I would rather be a bit slower & have a good handling car rather than constantly fighting an ill handling car in the corners. Drivability is key! JMO.