Default Best Intake for Holley 4412

This is for U.M.P rules, so I'm looking for aluminum intakes. Not really sure how to go at 2-barrels, 4-barrels are all I know, so I am running the old intake from the sportsman with an adapter, but I think I am losing power with the wrong intake.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

My vote would be a good dual plane intake. Spend some money on a good adapter, flow design, hvh, ect.

We dynoed a 360" sbc, 14:1, Dart 215cc, Crower 252/260 .600/.586 FT, gauge legal Willy's 4412 with a Edelbrock Vic Jr, Vic Jr Sportsman 2bbl, 2925 Super Vic and a Brodix HV-1000. It pulled the most Tq and HP with the Super Vic...

I would have to look at the motor to tell you what intake is on it now... I know its an Edelbrock. I am also running a gauge legal Willy's but on a 406 SBC with the good ol' Double Humps. Probably going to change heads in offseason as well, so help with heads would be great too..
    Last edited by 72Dubya; 10-20-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

I have one of each on 2 seperate motors....Super victor Jr and super victor Jr 2V. I spent good money on a HVH spacer for victor Jr...I felt no difference in the two except throttle was crisper with 2V however, you may see a difference on the Dyno...whatever set up you can get in the cheapest,is the route I would go. I would get ya a good set of DART heads though. Get that compression up on 2bbl motors!
    Last edited by ToddSmith16; 10-20-2012 at 07:53 AM.

the motown intake was slightly better for us than a super victor with a gauge legal 4412 and a set of 200 runner eq heads. i've heard the victor 2bbl is good as well.

Well, I'm a cheap bastard, so my idea of a dyno is how well I do on the track! Lol so I'm just going to have to hope I choose the right things. Any certain numbers on the Darts I should look for?
    Last edited by 72Dubya; 10-20-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

I have never heard of a Motown intake... Are they pretty common?
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

World Products makes them...We did not have one to dyno test when we were comparing intakes...

I think I am going to go with the Super Vic, and DART Iron Eagle heads. Good combo? Or could I do better? I don't know much about World Product stuff, so I would rather stick with companies that I have had success with..
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

the super victor is a very nice intake. in our tests the motown was only slightly better..like 4 or 5 hp iirc. if you are gonna buy new heads i'd look into the vortec bowties with the vortec super victor intake part number 2814.

Sorry guys i'm stuck in Imca land. Just looked at the UMP rules. Little diff animal there!

Jeff, thanks for the offer, but I would prefer to buy heads new and install our own valve train components. I know that around here, Vortec's get there butt's handed to them! And I will have to research the RHS's, I hear they are pretty good, but I don't know much about them.

istock, yeah, i was going to go to Quad City Speedway once, but it would take me about a month to make the car IMCA legal! lol
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

dont confuse the stock vortecs with vortec bowties. they aren't even close to the same head.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    dont confuse the stock vortecs with vortec bowties. they aren't even close to the same head.
    What is the difference in them?
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Huge difference in air flow! Like comparing an old set of double humps with an old set of 292 Bowtie turbo heads...One is a racing head and the other a street head...

the vortec bowties are like a dart head but with vortec chambers and the raised runners the vortecs have. they are a way more efficient head. the larger vortec bowtie is a 225cc runner and the smaller head is a 185. cnc blocks on here has made well over 600 hp with vortec bowties and only 360ci.

D?ch thu?t Ph?m L? Gia úp cho b?n, chúc b?n bán d?t hÃ(not a nice word)ng.
    Phien dich, Phiên d?ch, Dich thuat, D?ch thu?t

Is a cam with a 245 intake duration and .555 lift big enough to work with the Motown 061040 intake? Heads are stock 200 Dart Platinums.

So what would be better for a two barrel, the large port or small port? and then how would the Bowtie Vortec with Super Vic Vortec Intake compare to the DART Iron Eagle CNC with a Super Vic intake? And ONE more question, does anyone have any dyno sheets for a Bowtie Vortec head with a Holley 4412?
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car