Thread: Drop beliefs

Default Drop beliefs

Hey guys, i just wanted to share this with you. I have always been told to never go over 45 degrees on my LRU. Ive been doing alot of different things, but lately ive been putting more and more angle in that bar when the track gets slicker, and the car responds to it very well. Ive been all the way to 51 degrees and the car is just great. I dont know if its just my car, or maybe its a misconception. But if you are struggling with forward bite, dont be afraid to try and put alot of angle in the left upper, as it seems to work great on my car. Thanks.

I have had mine as high as 53 deg. at full drop, and it works real well for me.I'm sure it would work well on most cars if everything else is setup correctly. JMO

i think it matters how you measure. Are you letting both sides hang down w/ the chassis on jackstands level? Are you measuring w/ the car on the ground and a jack under the LR and the RR close to r/h maybe slightly compressed since the jack is raising the LR. Just something else to think about

Which way is correct to measure drop?

I just jack up right in front of the left rear tire until the suspension just tops out. Then measure.

I say it depends on your car. I know on my old car running over 45 degrees and the LR tire kept bunny hopping. So I say keep going until handling is erratic or you break suspension from the birdcage over indexing and binding up the upper arm so it can't move.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESGANGRACING View Post
    Which way is correct to measure drop?
    I dont think it matters as long as you do it the same each time and know to ask the difference when someone is telling you they run X just be sure to get all the info not just a portion.