Default Helping vinyl numbers and decals live?

Building a new car, and getting new vinyl numbers and lettering put on. Anyone ever tried to spray a clear coat over them to try and help them last longer with damage like wheel rubs and peeling off? I pull on an open trailer, and race damage seems to take its toll on my lettering after awhile, with wind pulling it down the highway as well. Natural I know, but I do like to run them for 3 years or so if possible, just wondering if it helps to keep them on the car any better.

On one of my cars I use the clear vinyl to go over the side of my body. I have nerf bars so I dont have to worry about wheel scrubs but it does help with cleaning the mud off the car and my white body does not get stained from the mud. You can buy rolls of the vinyl from signwarehouse.com

Go to speedway and type in lexan decal protection. Its a v shaped lexan bumper for the side of your car.

Buy a full wrap from a quality company. There product has a clear protection layer over the printed layer. The clear layer holds up very well, tire marks and paint transfer comes right on with paint thiner.

Also you can have just any small section reprinted at any time to make repairs. Eric

To answer your question, I know of people who have painted clear coat on their vinyl and it worked good.