Thread: pinto rack?

Default pinto rack?

Is it posssible to mount a mustang rack in a pinto?
    mark41

Default Oh Noooooooooo

Did you break another one ?

no sir, just have to turn the wheel more then a mustang, either that or i am adding a quickner... started 24 and ended 11th, candie started 23 and 3nded 14, not too bad for not racing in 5 years!!!! kim and rick sponsored the race...it was nice to go back there
    mark41

Default Yes it can

I took the Flaming River rack out of my pinto and put in the quick ratio Mustang Rack (2.25:1). I does require you to elongate the holes in the crossmember a bit but not too much. Because the bolt pattern on the Mstang rack is a bit wider than the Pinto crossmember holes, it won't shift "side to side" if you're careful with the elongation. You can weld the proper sized washers over those holes to really make sure nothing moves.

I'm a bit fuzzy on this but I'm not sure if the spline size and count on the Mstang rack shaft is the same as the Pinto, but that part can be ordered.

So, it can be done, but it will take some work initially. But, once you have it set up, you can keep tossing in Mstang racks....

Even with this rack, I'm turning a bit too much and I might install a quickener myself.

Good luck !