Default Stuck broken axle

I have about 8" of an axle stuck in my 9" rear end. Unfortunately it has a mini spool. I've tried to use a real small rod to push it from the other side with no luck. Then I pulled the whole rear and,with an old bent wheel on the end, I picked it up and dropped trying to "hammer" it out with no luck. Anyone have any other ideas. Thanks.

Well,
    I the splines are twisted it might be very difficult to push out or grip it well enough to pull it out.
    Might try this, use a 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 hole saw to drill a hole in the tube where the end of the broken axle is. That might give you the leverage to pry it out but if not, weld something like a nut or something to the axle and pry against the tube. If that still failed weld a sizable rod to the end of the broken axle and use a slide hammer to pull it out. Weld the section you cut out with the hole saw back onto the tube. Weld slow and keep the heat build up low so to reduce the heat related distortion.

Had that happen to me years ago.What we ended up doing was taking the plasma cutter and carefully cutting the back of the rearend out.Once that was off we then took the plasma and was able to get in from the back and cut the axle off at a point where it will allow you to get the center out.Then once its out you can get your twisted piece driven out. Then the fun part of cleaning the housing out!Then just simply weld the piece back on the you cut out,and hope it doesnt leak. Hated to cut it up like that,but we didnt see much other choice. Hopefully this helps ya.It worked for me.Good luck!

try a length of 3/8 bar stock that is long enough to go all the way down to your broken axle and leave a few inches sticking out, slidel a piece of heater hose over it, cover all but an inch on each side, slide it intp the axle tube , hook up a stick weld to the bar, turn it on, and let the welder weld the bar stock to the broken axle, then hopefully you can pull it out,