Default 355 b mod 2 barrel engine?

Our b mod rules state that we have to run a 350 oem block, and a 3.48 stock weight crank with any 23 degree iron head and a 4412 carb.Max comp can be no more than 12 to 1, and no shaft rockers, and solid cam.I see some guys say to run 215 darts, some say 200, and some say vortecs.I know a guy around here that runs Australian made Pro heads ???I am pretty sure thats what he said. We can port them , if that matters. Just wondering what would be thew best combo to use? Money isnt a factor, just looking to get the max out of the engine.This will be in a b mod at around 2500 lbs on a 1/4 mile tacky track.Just looking to get an early start on the season. I appreciate any info.

He's probably got the older ProTopline heads. They were bought by RHS, who has now discontinued iron heads unless I'm mistaken. I'd use Bowtie Vortecs, the right cam and a GOOD 4412.

well if money isn a factor lol ill play the if i had a million dollars game? this rule really to me comes down to do you have to use a 23 degree casting or does the valve angle have to remain 23 degrees. can u angle mill the heads? any manifold? assuming u can angle mill id use dart 200 platinums keep the 2.02/1.6 and use ti valves and ret/locks and angle mill them as much as possible. get a block that is .060 or even .080 over. get a set of dished pistons to lower compression to 12-1 dished to be lighter and to catch/cup combustion a set of light rods then balance it if crank gets too light add mallory close to center of mains as possible so u dont change total weight but change centrifical weight to help acceleration.make sure cam is a good core and use a low cam lift (.360) high rocker combo (1.7 1.8) so you can rev it without any lobe issues a mullins or hvh cnc manifold w adjustable adapter, a name brand carb . then dyno the crap out of it to find where it likes to be. then chassis dyno the driveshaft and rear end . that should get it lol...imho...

Do you have to build GM? What about Ford rules?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

is a smaller manifold better for 2brl classes or a larger one ? never messed w one before? i know restrictor plate engines like a very large plenum but its not exactly the same. is it better to use a good 4 brrl manifold w a adaptor or a 2brl manifold like the edelbrock? just curious

Thanks for the replies guys. The chevy heads have to remain at 23 degree. I can run a ford, and they have to remain at 22.All the other rules are the same for the ford. Dont see anything about chrysler, etc.I know your car runs great Jeff. Are you still on the Vortecs? When the track is tacky, you can use all the power you can make.

Stock CarDriver
    Send those heads back to to Joe at HVH and tell him to change them over to to raised seats.Makes a great 2 barrel head if the rules allow.The HVH heads that you normally buy are not the best 2 barrel heads he does.
    Last edited by perfconn; 10-24-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turner View Post
    Our b mod rules state that we have to run a 350 oem block, and a 3.48 stock weight crank with any 23 degree iron head and a 4412 carb.Max comp can be no more than 12 to 1, and no shaft rockers, and solid cam.I see some guys say to run 215 darts, some say 200, and some say vortecs.I know a guy around here that runs Australian made Pro heads ???I am pretty sure thats what he said. We can port them , if that matters. Just wondering what would be thew best combo to use? Money isnt a factor, just looking to get the max out of the engine.This will be in a b mod at around 2500 lbs on a 1/4 mile tacky track.Just looking to get an early start on the season. I appreciate any info.
    I would go with the big runner Vortec Bowtie heads Are you allowed to run the BBC cam tunnel if so go to a high ratio rocker on the intake side.

I have meade the best power with the Vortec Bowtie heads.

Good luck which ever way you go.

These guys are right. My 4412 motor has bowties bought from Frank Kimmel. He ran them on his late model years ago with the 390 cfm carb they have to use. And yes it is like a restrictor plate engine.

My motor is unreal for a 2 bbl. I would give numbers but no one would believe them. How do ya take screen shots or whatever of a dyno run? I can bring up my run from the disc the dyno owner gave me.

im interested in this topic as well. im building a very similar engine and need head advice.
    my engine builder said to stay away from the vortec bowties because the intake you need to use is to much for the this type of head? he likes the rhs vortec. he also said to not go over 180cc runners because the loss in torque. can you guys offer any imput to this?
    we are allowed porting,jesel.
    2400lb mod
    41lb callies 3.5 stroke,crower maxi lite 6.125 rods. cp ultra lite pistons
    aed 4412,
    stock car driver... what would you like for those vortecs if able to use them?

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    $1850 for my vortec bowties. They are $1895 from brezinski with $600 in lesser parts in them and flat milled.
    get ahold of me at racinrik88@yahoo.com so we can talk more about these heads please