Idle No More: Lavonia (GA) Speedway Set to Roar Back to Life in 2013

October 25th 2012 **FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

(Four Oaks, North Carolina) - After over two years of being shuttered, a Georgia Dirt Racing landmark is set to return to action for 2013 under new ownership. Rumors and speculation have been rampant in recent months regarding the fate of the historic 3/8ths mile facility located just a short distance off of I-85 in Lavonia, Georgia. Tonight all of the conjecture comes to an end with the announcement that Georgia businessmen Max King and Stan Lester have joined forces and will breathe life back into the once prominent racing facility.

“I am really looking forward to working with Stan and applying what he brings to the table. He has seen so many racetracks across the country with his racing series’ and I know we can take some of what he has seen and learned and apply that to Lavonia. Anybody that was there for the FASTRAK Grand National event a few years back knows that Lavonia can provide some of the best racing anywhere in the country. We had a great race - 50 laps of side-by-side racing without a caution. We have had some other great ones too. We want to see that again and we aren’t going to rest until we get it back to that point. We are going to work to make that the standard, the rule instead of the exception.” said Lavonia co-owner King.

Lester who is the Founder and CEO of FASTRAK Companies International which operates the highly successful FASTRAK Pro Late Model and ULTIMATE Super Late Model racing tours is enthused about the new undertaking. “Max and I want to put Lavonia Speedway back on the map again. I drive by that place twice a day and I can’t help but think what a waste it is for it to be sitting there closed. Max and I finally got together and the rest, as they say, is history.

Working with Max has already been a real pleasure. He and his wife are just wonderful people and we have already had fun together. I can’t imagine how much fun working with them on this project will be but I am certainly looking forward to it. Of course my main focus will still be with FASTRAK and ULTIMATE Series’ but I honestly feel that this was something that I really wanted to be a part of. Max and I are on the same page and we both have great intentions for Lavonia Speedway.”

King and Lester, both also former race drivers, tentatively plan to return to weekly racing in 2013 but also have other ideas for the venue. “I really think people are going to be surprised at what happens here over the next couple of years. Stan and I have both built successful companies and now we are looking to take on this new challenge full steam ahead. We both have several ideas about new things for the track. There is plenty of room to grow and do what we need to do to accommodate some of the ideas and events we have planned for Lavonia.” King interjected.

Some of the other event possibilities include a race driving school, music concerts and other motorsports events such as truck and tractor pulls, mud bogs and monster truck shows. “The sky really is the limit if we work hard and build a strong foundation. We are going to move at a nice slow and steady pace to get that done. We want to take it easy this first year and build things up. Work on some of the infrastructure so we can move forward with implementing our ideas. Then, say in 2014, it will be time to show that place like never before. Right now Max and I agree that its one step at a time.” Lester added.

Information on racing divisions, rules and other operational information will be released in the weeks ahead along with a new website and social media outlets. In the meantime any questions can be directed to:

Max King: (706) 436-8444 maxking66@yahoo.com
Stan Lester: (678) 935-7304 ext 1# sl@fastrakracing.com

We are also in the progress of building our Facebook/Twitter corporate account page to follow the Lavonia Speedway on our social media networks!!

The FASTRAK Racing Series City Chevrolet Touring Divisions would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2012 sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Chevrolet Performance Parts, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, Longhorn Race Cars, RockAuto.com and FK Rod Ends. FASTRAK would also like to welcome Cool Shirt, Five Star Bodies, Hooker Harness, Velocita USA Driving Suits, Beya Headers, Kooks Custom Headers, R2C Filters, Sisco Fire and Safety and Tiger Rear Ends to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442. Also Visit the FASTRAK Racing Series online at www.fastrakracing.com and be sure to like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter at @FASTRAK_Racing!!