Default Head and Neck Restraints?

What are some of you guys using and could you give some info, likes or dislikes of each you have tried. Mobility, ease of install and removal, bulkyness. We are looking into upgrading from what we use now (Hutchins). Driver has whiplash from a mild head on collision with a spinning car. Have been doing some research on the Necksgen, Hans, Isaac, and Simpons Hybrid systems, lots to choose from but would like to get some real world feedback. Thanks
    Josh K.

Been wearing a HANS everysince i started, would never wear anything else.

necksgens what I like most is the way the belt fits with the necksgen you do not need the over -under belt deal like you need with the hans . Theres a lip made into the neckgens so the belt does not slide of the unit .

While we're on the subject, anyone know of a website with better pics of the HANS unit? HANS website is terrible for pics. Thanks.

Try the GATD device for mild wrecks. Get A Tougher Driver
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by xxxmod View Post
    JMO

Boy your a real genuis... Driver has been running 410 Super Sprints (WoO type) for about 12 years now. Has had a broken collar bone, bruised ankles from a U-joint failure more then once, list goes on. Pretty sure he is pretty tough and has much bigger balls then you. Buy mild I should have said not violent looking or even much damage, but still traveling about 80mph or so at impact. Driver couldn't move his head about 3 days later, stiff neck, had x-rays after a clicking noise was noticed a few days later. Spine is out of alignment through the neck area, and causing pressure on the spinal column and still causing a dull pain and numbness, a month after the wreck.
    Josh K.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxmod View Post
    JMO
    You have clearly never suffered a real spinal injury.... so ask hyourself.... how tough are YOU since you don't really know what it feels like?

Good thread. I'd also appreciate any mod drivers feedback on the one's that they've tried.

Travis

I have been using the simpson hybrid and I like it over the hans. I never felt like I was secure in the car with my belts when using the hans device but I didn't have the over/under belts or the new narrow to wide belt setup. Also I am 6'2" and 220lbs I used a 20* hans and have been told I should have had a 30* so it wouldn't dig into my chest as bad when you pulled the belts tight.

Using the Hybrid it feels secure more so than when using no device at all it really spreads the seatbelt load across a larger area and tethers to my head in a way that allows me to see all I need to see. It is easy to get into and out of the car with it on.

the necksgen looks similar to a previous head and neck restraint I believe it was green. the complaint that I have heard about is where the raised area is on the sides can contact the bottom sides of the helmet and can be and issue.

if it was me I would go try on all of the available units in the car that I plan on using it in or atleast a similar seat. any of them available units are better than nothing at all.

Use a Hans, butler full containment with crow dog bone style belts, very comfortable, like wearing nothing. Hit the wall head on at about 80 mph, headache and little whiplash but better than the alternative.

DefNder™ G70

Has anybody used the DefNder out of Canada? I believe there were some good reviews awhile back, when they were sold/made in the USA. Something about HANS put them out of business or filed a complaint with the SFI to limit their availability, hence having to buy from Canada now.

Thanks.