Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

my vortec bowties intake port was .200 raised from my standard port eq 200 runner heads. that is one reason why gm and edelbrock call for a special intake for the vortec bowties.

the only retard here is the saleman perfconn. retarded is when you claim to have built motors with vortec bowties but claim they have a standard intake port location...lol.

The port is in the standard location in a Vortec head, The "small port" head has a port that is taller than standard and also narrower and that is why they say to use the raised runner or Vortec intake. Some older intakes and gasket sets could cause issues with not sealing the port or not supporting the gasket enough to keep it in place. It has nothing to do with the head being anywhere close to a raised runner head.
    The standard Bowtie Phase 3 heads have a more standard port height and do not require a special intake.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/na...0034/overview/
    Last edited by Egoracing; 05-02-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    my vortec bowties intake port was .200 raised from my standard port eq 200 runner heads. that is one reason why gm and edelbrock call for a special intake for the vortec bowties.

the only retard here is the saleman perfconn. retarded is when you claim to have built motors with vortec bowties but claim they have a standard intake port location...lol.
    The heads you are showing are small port, the port centerline is still in the standard location it is just taller and narrower than the standard. It even tells you this in the information on the head in the link you provided, heck it even says "Standard" in the port location. The standard head has a more standard port shape and uses a standard intake. They are not "Raised Runner" heads.

check that, now we have 2 retards since ego joined the fray! he cant read either it appears.

hey ego, how many sets of vortec bowties do you own?

If I remember correctly, the Vortecs originally had a .200 raised runner roof, not a completely raised port which requires offset rockers, .200 to .800 longer valve stems, and about a 1/2" intake spacer between the RR head and intake

Yep,lots of difference between a tall port and a raised runner head.EQ says they have a raised runner head but it is simply a tall port in a standard location.

check that, now we have 2 retards since ego joined the fray! he cant read either it appears.

hey ego, how many sets of vortec bowties do you own?
    None, do not run stock heads in the classes we have raced in other than crates, but I can read regardless of your ineptitude. Please show me in your link where it says the port location is raised, Guess what it does not it says they are in standard location. You keep throwing the retard comment around and the link you posted shows that you are wrong. So if you can READ read this: Port Location: Standard! It even tells you why you need the intake in print that you can not seem to understand, So if we are all a retard what is your excuse? If you are so smart why don't you try and run a standard Vortec intake on a true set of raised runner heads because it can be run on the heads you are talking about.
    Last edited by Egoracing; 05-03-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    None, do not run stock heads in the classes we have raced in other than crates, but I can read regardless of your ineptitude. Please show me in your link where it says the port location is raised, Guess what it does not it says they are in standard location. You keep throwing the retard comment around and the link you posted shows that you are wrong. So if you can READ read this: Port Location: Standard! It even tells you why you need the intake in print that you can not seem to understand, So if we are all a retard what is your excuse? If you are so smart why don't you try and run a standard Vortec intake on a true set of raised runner heads because it can be run on the heads you are talking about.
    vortec bowties never came stock on anything last i checked.

i posted the link showing the need for a raised runner intake to help retards like you and terry but i can see that did no good.

see i actually MEASURED my heads. thats how i can tell the port is higher. is it as high as an rhs rr head..im sure not. i never did say it had the same runner location as an rhs rr head, just that it was raised from a standard 23 degree head.

if you ever get a set let me know how you like them. i know you dont actually race but im sure you'll find somebody to live vicariously through...

vortec bowties never came stock on anything last i checked.

i posted the link showing the need for a raised runner intake to help retards like you and terry but i can see that did no good.

see i actually MEASURED my heads. thats how i can tell the port is higher. is it as high as an rhs rr head..im sure not. i never did say it had the same runner location as an rhs rr head, just that it was raised from a standard 23 degree head.

if you ever get a set let me know how you like them. i know you dont actually race but im sure you'll find somebody to live vicariously through...
    Learn to read, the specs for the head show it as standard port location. I said it was tallet and narrower (information proven by your link), that does not make it a raised runner head.

i know im half retarded,..but raised runner or not,..witch is better,..rhs or bowtie vortec??? if you dont have a dyno then i doubt youd know,.retarded or not.....
    white trash motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    i know im half retarded,..but raised runner or not,..witch is better,..rhs or bowtie vortec??? if you dont have a dyno then i doubt youd know,.retarded or not.....
    for a 4412 2bbl motor the vortec bowtie is best. bigger isnt always better with 2bbl stuff.

As stated earlier the RHS raised runner is better.It has nothing to do with bigger.The design makes it better.

They are both good heads. I rate the iron heads in this order1. rhs proaction 14*2. rhs RR 21 degree3. Vortec BowtieThey all make good power but the *DYNO* results will end up in that order.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?