Default Nova lower control arms

I've read that some people put nova contol arms on a metric here's my questions
    1 what year do you use
    2 what are the benefits of using them
    3 do you have to change anything else like tie rods or center link idler arm
    Once again thank you for any help dave

68-74 or so nova 67 68 69 camaro as well. put the left on the right and right on the left. makes the metric wider and moves them out front for longer wheel base. If i remember correctly some use mid 70 inner tie rod end from camaro for clearance form the wheels set forward. with the wheels set forward it helps with rear percentage. have to use spacers on the front two bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by racingford View Post
    68-74 or so nova 67 68 69 camaro as well. put the left on the right and right on the left. makes the metric wider and moves them out front for longer wheel base. If i remember correctly some use mid 70 inner tie rod end from camaro for clearance form the wheels set forward. with the wheels set forward it helps with rear percentage. have to use spacers on the front two bushing.
    Thank you for your advice but I don't think you can swap lower control arm thanks dave

you can on a metric alot of openwheels are that way. left goes on rf rf goes on lf

Depends on what his rules say. IMCA says no left to right swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    IMCA says that about the uppers. IMCA lowers have to be oem metric.

No nova chevelle lowers period for the stock cars or hobbys.
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker71 View Post
    you can on a metric alot of openwheels are that way. left goes on rf rf goes on lf
    Thank you for your info is putting them on a worth the benefit our rule only state oem pieces. Dave

do u have to use different spindles are will the stock metric ones work with the other changes

I switched my mod for two reasons.

1 was for the difference in arm ratios. you can run less spring weight with the novas. Lower spring rate will equal more travel with the tire feeling the same spring. There are more advantages.

2 was because the E-mods will rub the frame hard at before steering lock. That longer wheelbase stopped the drag from rubbing.

Will these lower's bolt right up to the metric frames or do you have to cut the lower brackets to make these lower's work ?

they bolt right in but the front cavity on the frame is wider than the arm and needs a spacer to fill the gap

Thanks for the information.

^^^^^^ std is telling the truth,...even gotta know the right ball joints or itll be in left field,..doing this will alter your wheel base an effect width of front end to if im not mistaking!!

I guess I only answered question #2! But yea StockCar is right. There is a lot to it. If you search here or google it you can find more of the details.

Thank you for your help so from what I've read 68 to 74 nova lowers will fit but need spacers and I will need to change springs to 5 inch Still not sure what center link and idler arm and ball joints to use does any one sell a kit to do this change what about chevelle control arms thanks again dave

Thank you for help I've watch your videos and believe races are won in the corners are rules state stock location a arm mounts and we can only use 8inch on right and8.5 on the left tubular uppers I've heard some are using s10 spindles and taller ball joints have you ever tried this and does it work thanks
    Also I still need a set of your motor mounts but don't have pay pal