FASTRAK Drivers SPOTLIGHT – #20 Corning, New York’s Wayne Robertson

October 31st 2012 - FASTRAK PR **FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

Tell us about yourself.
Wayne Robertson, 31 years old, Married to my lovely bride Jessica who I met while racing against her at The Woodhull Raceway. We have two dogs named Hoosier and Rookie. I’m an RV technician at Wilkins RV.

How did you get into racing? How old were you? First car/class?
I have been around racing my entire life. My first trip to the track was at 7 months old. I grew up around it and working on all kinds of racecars. My friends dad was racing two cars and wanted to sell the second. I bought it at 15 years old, starting racing in the street stock class at Woodhull Raceway in 1998. The car was 1978 Malibu. I won two heat races in 1998.

What is your favorite racing memory?
I have been a very fortunate racer and have many great memories but if I had to pick one it would be winning the Scott Dennison memorial race in 2008. Scott was a close friend and racer who lost his life in an atv accident. Scott would give you the shirt off his back to make sure you went out on the track to compete against him later that night. He touched a lot of lives and I will always remember that race.

Greatest achievement in your racing career?
• Woodhull raceway late model champion 2007
• Bicknell Racing Product Can/Am 360 late model touring series champion 2010
• But the biggest is most recently the run we had at Beckley in the world championship. I feel the competition was extremely excellent and that we showcased just what kind of team we are coming from 21st to 1st and then from 19th to 4th after the wreck. There is no quit in our team.

Any superstitions (peanuts not allowed in pits, etc)
I’m not very superstitious, but I do not allow green on our racecar or in our pit. The color green is not for racecars.

What is the story behind running the number you choose?
As a boy the local racer I looked up to had an old roof with the number 20 on his shop wall. I asked him why that roof and he told me it was the best race season they had ever had back in the 70’s. They didn’t lose a race they entered. At the time he did not run the number 20 and had never had such a good year since. From that day I told myself when I race 20 is going to be my number.

What is the hardest part of racing?
The hardest part of racing for me is the time I don’t get to spend with family and friends. Now that we are on the road traveling more and more it’s even harder. My wife is in grad school so she cannot travel with us as much. With the time put into maintaining the car and equipment plus a full time job family time gets cut to a minimum. In the off season I spend as much time with them as I can.

What got you involved with the FASTRAK Racing Series and what keeps you racing with the Series??
After winning our 2010 championship we were looking for a new challenge and for us Fastrak was the clear challenge our team needed. Running the same engine now put the winning back into the set up and drivers skills. We still run Fastrak because of the close eye kept on tech inspection. Other tracks and series seem to shy away from this area due to car counts giving the teams with deep pockets the advantage. I don’t see this with Fastrak and our team likes this.

Tell us what you like most about your home track? What are some of your other favorite tracks & why do you like them so much? What’s the hardest track you’ve ever competed at?
Team 20 technically doesn’t have a home track. We travel to several tracks during the season and don’t compete for points but keep our goal set on the World Championship by getting our 12 races in. My favorite tracks are the Eldora Speedway we ran there in the national race in June and finished 4th. Last year we ran the Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway and Eriez Speedway and won the first time ever visiting both tracks. The two tracks are very different in comparison but are still racey and that’s what I like about a track. The hardest track I have competed at is Sharon Speedway. I have had some decent runs there but doesn’t seem to fit my driving style.

What do you like to do when you are not racing?
I like to spend time with my wife and dogs camping.(even if we are at a race track as spectators), play basketball, bar-b-que with family, spend time outdoors.

People you’d like to thank & sponsors.
My crew for dealing with my intensity all season and my loyal sponsors.
Joe Willcox Performance automatics.
Wilkins RV
Conklin Solutions
Delgrosso Trucking
Robert’s Stone
Lincoln Maxx Creative Visions
Cousins Designs
Landrum Performance Springs
Accuforce Shocks

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED FASTRAK DRIVERS IN BEING BE APART OF THE FASTRAK DRIVERS SPOTLIGHT CONTACT:FASTRAK Racing Series Announcer/PR Director Wesley Outland - 919-262-5660 [Call: 919-262-5660] announcernc05@yahoo.com or fastrakannouncer2012@gmail.com AND HE'LL GET BACK IN CONTACT WITH YOU TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Also to all of our little fans of the FASTRAK Racing Series have a happy and safe SPOOKTACULAR Halloween 2012!!

FASTRAK would like to invite everyone to come and visit us at our booth at the GRITS Trade Show at the Cabarrus Arena in Concord, North Carolina November 2nd and 3rd in conjunction with the WoO World Finals at the Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway. To learn more about the events at the GRITS Show and how you can attend visit www.gritsshow.com

The FASTRAK Racing Series City Chevrolet Touring Divisions would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2012 sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Chevrolet Performance Parts, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, Longhorn Race Cars, RockAuto.com and FK Rod Ends. FASTRAK would also like to welcome Cool Shirt, Five Star Bodies, Hooker Harness, Velocita USA Driving Suits, Beya Headers, Kooks Custom Headers, R2C Filters, Sisco Fire and Safety and Tiger Rear Ends to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442. Also Visit the FASTRAK Racing Series online at www.fastrakracing.com and be sure to like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter at @FASTRAK_Racing!!