Default Jake Jones Racing Closes out 2012... 5th in Final Williams Grove Points

November 7, 2012

Jake Jones Racing closes out 2012 season. Finishes 5th in final Williams Grove Speedway point standings.

Jake Jones Racing closed out its 2012 season on a very cold October weekend in Huntingdon County, with a hard fought 4th place finish at the Hesston Speedway as part of its “Ultimate” weekend. Jake was also awarded with a close 5th place finish in the season long Williams Grove Speedway point standings and was only 25 points out of third when the season came to a close.

Although Jake did not park his Miller’s Racing Parts, Axel Surgeons of Central PA, Insinger Performance Fuels #43 in victory lane during 2012, it was a season filled with great runs and hard fought finishes. Racing for the biggest part of the season at Mechanicsburg’s Williams Grove Speedway, Jake was regulated by the tracks Handicapping system to start towards the back of the drivers that had qualified through their respective heat races almost every week in a division filled with talented drivers in great equipment. If races were won with determination alone, Jake and his team would have been standing in victory lane for most of the season. The crew of the Andy Grove Insurance, Lazer Chassis never gave up and when the green flagged waved each night, the 29 Year Old, Shermansdale, Pennsylvania chauffeur was up on the wheel charging to the front. That determination from both driver and crew is evident with the numerous runner-up finishes, eight top 5 and a dozen top 10 finishes that the team produced throughout the 2012 season. A season, which saw the team enter 17 events at 5 different speedways during the year.

“It really bugs me we didn’t end up in victory lane this year, but when I look back throughout the whole year we’ve had a good season” said Jones, when reached at Miller’s Racing Parts Tuesday evening. “We finished in the top 5 more times than I have ever done since I started racing at Williams Grove. A few part failures hurt us a little in the points, but for the most part, we were fast and in the hunt almost every race we entered” added Jake.

“My guys all donate their time and work real hard throughout the week to help make my job easier on race days. Without Kyle, Brian, Scott, Brandon and the support of their families, I wouldn’t be able to race. My Mom & Dad are also there week in and week out to help with whatever needs done. My whole family has supported me 100 percent from the first time I strapped in a race car and it is a great feeling, knowing they are right there with me” said Jones. “I get to do what I love to do because of my wonderful wife who never complains about the long hours and who is always there in my corner cheering for me. I am extremely lucky to have Steph, Jax & Dylan by my side. Not only could I never do it without them, I would never want to” added Jake.

“The cost of this sport has really gotten expensive and grows higher every year. Without the support of my outstanding sponsors it would be hard to race at the level we do. I hope everyone realizes how valuable they are to this team. I try to represent them the best I can and I am very thankful for what they do for my team and me personally” stated Jones, who displayed his car and signed autographs in the infield prior to the races starting on a couple of occasions in 2012.

The off season will be a busy one as the team refurbishes their equipment and motors to prepare for the 2013 season. Plans at this time are to again run for the 2013 championship at Williams Grove Speedway while also hitting the bigger paying shows in the area during off weeks at the Grove. You can keep up to date with all the Jake Jones news as the team prepares for 2013 at his official home on the web www.jakejonesracing.com .

Jake Jones Racing would like to thank of the team’s sponsors:
    Andy Grove Insurance & Financial Service, Axel Surgeons of Central PA, Blazers Body Shop, Bulldog Rear Ends by DMI, Dana Smith Racing Engines, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tires, Insinger Performance Fuels, Jims Garage, K.R.S. Graphics, Lazer Chassis, Millers Racing Parts & Steve’s Studebakers.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media
    Last edited by prodirtcar32; 11-07-2012 at 11:56 AM.