Thread: ride heights

Default ride heights

I want to lower my ride heights, but have some issues on how to best do this. I have spring buckets in place but do not use the jacking bolts (due to how high the car sets now) and so am running a 13" spring on the RR and a 16" on the LR... How much change will I see in how the car handles or reacts by going to an 11" RR and a 13" LR?

The current heights are measured from the common frame jig points that are used by a frame tech or body shop for repairs: RR 9.5" LR 9" RF 8.5" LF 8"...

This is on a WCSS monte carlo 3 link suspension here is a link to the rules

http://www.racesantamariaspeedway.co...reetstocks.php

Any info/help on this will be great, ask any info you need.
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

I ran the 10rr and 16 lr on my super with a 3 link. I run a 10rr and a 13 lr on the IMCA stock car 4 link..
    As for the right you need a short spring to lower the top of the spring in relation to the center of gravity. The rear of the car rotates over the top of the spring. It was hard for me to tell the difference of a 2 inch change on the RR. I changed several things at the same time.
    The left side seems to be a monkey see monkey do. 3 links run flatter than the A mod 4 links. You dont need that much spring. Watch Jensen how flat that 3 link runs. You wont see a difference on the left.

Front ride heights a decided by the steering geometry. Camber / caster gain, roll center are all relative to your type of front end and the ride height.

Cool

Humm, the front is what got me goin on this venture... The front needs to drop in order to get the geometry corrected though I can screw the jacks to get where it needs to be. When I took over 300lbs off this car everything changed and im tryng to catch up lol I have always had heavy cars... Did your rates change going to the shorter spring or was it fine as before?
    Last edited by DANNY; 11-07-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Same rates, no change. Just these last 3 seasons Ive dropped the springs all the way around. As the track gets rough the softer springs handle better. Also I can finally feel the difference in shocks.

Cool

Cool! With being out of racing since 2008 till this year I overlooked A LOT of small things. As I find my notes and check one thing off the list it gets better, the car handles ok but has some issues that will only help once corrected. Im going to shorten them and lower this thing some and get it sorted out...

Thank you for the help!!!
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««