FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 9th, 2012

13-Year-Old, Jake Griffin Prepares for 47th Annual Governor's Cup

Quincy, Illinois (11/09/12) – It originally appeared that 13-year-old, Jake Griffin's 2012 schedule had come to an end. However, with the aid of several great sponsors the team will now travel to New Smyrna Speedway (New Smyrna, Florida) for the 47th Annual Governor's Cup.

Jake Griffin racing has several exciting announcements. At Hawkeye Downs Speedway (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) Jake finished third in points in the Asphalt Modified and Asphalt Late Model divisions. He also finished second in the Hard Charger standings in the Asphalt Modified division.

The final United Midwestern Promoters (UMP) standings for the 2012 season have been released for all divisions, and Jake finished in the top 50 in both the UMP Open Wheel Modified and UMP Super Late Model divisions. He was the only driver to accomplish this feat.

Even more exciting for Jake is that sponsorship has come into place, which will allow him to take part in the 47th Annual Governor's Cup at New Smyrna Speedway (New Smyrna, Florida) on November 15th-17th. He will go into war in both the PRO Late Model and Super Late Model divisions.

"I couldn't be more excited to be competing in the Governor's Cup at New Smyrna. I have to thank Fierge Auto Parts, McPike's Pawn Shop, and Advanced Racing Components for making this possible. Without all of their support there is no way that I would be able to tackle this event. Hopefully I can make some big noise down there," notes Griffin.

For more information on the 47th Annual Governor's Cup please visit www.NewSmyrnaSpeedway.org.

Jake Griffin Racing would to like to thank all of their sponsors including Fierge Auto Parts, McPike’s Pawn Shop, Crawdad’s Classics Gourmet Hot Sauce, Triple R Machine Shop, Microtel Inns & Suites, Advanced Racing Components, Bob Pierce Race Cars, Johnny Spaw Race Cars Kelly’s Restaurant, Powder Coat Plus, Wilco Fast Breaks, Green Smart Builders, Butlerbuilt Professional Seat Systems, and Outdoor Power Inc.

For more information on Jake Griffin Racing, please visit www.JakeGriffin.net .