Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default J Gordon ...Champ or Chump?

Jeff Gordon takes out Clint Bowyer after a racing rubbing incident. Seems Gordon took uncharacteristic exception to Bowyers skills and wrecked Boyer before the white flag lap. Personally I understand those retaliating deals but this one was extremely nasty. Let the discussion begin.
    Last edited by MUD MAESTRO; 11-11-2012 at 07:38 PM.

ya nascar should park gordon for the next race just like they did kyle bush after he wrecked ron h. they said because Ron had an out side chance to win the truck championship that years. clint was close enough or at least as close as Ron was. so we'll see how nascar stands by their past rulings. I'll bet they do nothing more than they did tonight.

now how about that no yellow after the 31 spun the 10 car. it should have been a yellow and a second green.white checkered. but they knew the 29 and maybe the 18,11 and the 5 would run out of fuel so they did nothing and look at what happened to so many cars.

its miller lite time

Chump! Gordon has been irrelevant since 2003 or before, he knows it and can't take it. He's always been "untouchable" unless he was doint the touching. He got raced and lost his sh**...then really lost his sh**. As I told a friend on mine who's a 24 fan "the 5 time Champ just turned punk".
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Bowyer dug his own grave earlier in the year.

Bowyer driving a little too aggressive just to hold one position, Gordon was clearly faster than him at the time. Should have just let Gordon have it then race him clean for it. Bowyer already cost Gordon a win earlier, clearly PO'd him this time aorund.

Why didn't Bowyer pass him on the outside? Gordon was blackflagged and was heading to the pits. The wreck was just before pit road. Bowyer should have went high, instead he goes low, all Gordon has to say is he was going to pit road as instructed by NASCAR. Just happened that Clint was there. I mean, really? Clint thinks he can use up people and there will be no retaliation? It sucked that Logano got caught up in the fight.

That was far from "using him up" Gordon wrecked himself. He was fine till he got back into Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberwhip View Post
    Bowyer dug his own grave earlier in the year.

Bowyer driving a little too aggressive just to hold one position, Gordon was clearly faster than him at the time. Should have just let Gordon have it then race him clean for it. Bowyer already cost Gordon a win earlier, clearly PO'd him this time aorund.
    Dug his own grave...I'm guessing you mean Martinsville in April...yup race car drivers aren't supposed to try and win. By the way, Bowyer took himself out in that deal too.

Bowyer is/was racing for a Championship. Gordon is racing for...well...nothing. He lucked into his one win this season, time to step aside and let the racers race.
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

A driver making the Chase should step aside? Boywer had this coming in my opinion you don't bump good cars and drivers around and think that there are not going to be consequences.

Four time Champ!!!

Default Run Gordon Run!

While Gordon is parked next week, hopefully Johnson finishes 43rd and Keselowlski finishes 42nd so Gordon's teammate doesn’t end up winning another championship. After all, Johnson really is contributing to killing the sport with his boredom. And, hopefully Bowyer will lead the most laps and win the race only to lose the championship to Keselowski by about four points. Hopefully all will recognize then that the only reason Bowyer didn’t win the championship is because Gordon took him out of the Phoenix race today. When Gordon took Bowyer out today, Bowyer was only 24 points out of the championship. Gordon’s teammate, Johnson, was 20 points behind Keselowski at the time, and Gordon took the action right in front of Keselowski. Surely the golden child of NASCAR will be parked for a good while.
    And another thing, the bumping that took place between Gordon and Bowyer at Phoenix today before Gordon’s retaliation was actually Gordon’s fault. Watch closely and I think you’ll probably agree. Bowyer did nothing wrong but get hit by a spoiled brat that gets easily frustrated now by no longer being able to drive as well as he once could. Perhaps Gordon really was never that good a driver, maybe it was really Evernham that made him shine so
    And the fight in the pits – well, that was cool. My favorite four words at the races have always been “Security to the Pits!” Looked like Gordon took a very well deserved butt whooping by Bowyer’s pit crew. You can tell a lot about how smart a driver is or isn’t by the timing of their taking off of the helmet. And then Bowyer running thru the pits after Gordon – Priceless! I just wish the cameras could have caught up with Gordon running to get away from him. Would have been fun to watch Bowyer, the real dirt tracker, go after Gordon.
    Mike Helton probably hasn’t even thought about dealing with Gordon’s retaliation on a driver with a chance at a championship yet. I bet he’s most frustrated with one of his star drivers running away from one of his blue collar driver in the pits. Glad I don’t have to watch garbage like NASCAR’s race today at the dirt tracks. Run Gordon Run!
    Pavement is for getting you there. Dirt is for racing.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    A driver making the Chase should step aside? Boywer had this coming in my opinion you don't bump good cars and drivers around and think that there are not going to be consequences.

Four time Champ!!!
    and 20 time CHUMP

I just feel bad for the guys that were innocent, Logano and Almirola.

Brad K is the real deal, he is going to be one of the best ever. I like him because he tells it like it is, no beating around the bush.

Is that Kyle or Kurt LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    I just feel bad for the guys that were innocent, Logano and Almirola.

Brad K is the real deal, he is going to be one of the best ever. I like him because he tells it like it is, no beating around the bush.
    why wasnt laganos dad in the fight haha

Karma from that east/west allstar race a few years back. karma

bk isnt bad. At least he has some personality.
    Last edited by balljoint; 11-12-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Cool

I cannot stand Gordon and never could, but that doesn't change my opinion on this. Gordon made a bone head move that he is regretting already. Taking out someone that has a shot at the title, however small, at this point in the season is very unwise. What does everyone think is going to happen if Gordon ever gets back in a title chase? Boyer would be smart to just move on for now, but you can bet this will never go away if he can get even when it counts. JMO of course.

Gordon did however wreck himself trying to wreck Bowyer earlier. Seems to had the same results that Danica had a couple weeks back trying the same tactics.

Took out 2 yotas and 1 Ford, give him his merit badge.

UH OH Chevy fan alert!!!!!

Gordon quote: "Things have gotten escalated over the year and I have just had it. Clint (Bowyer) has run into me numerous times, wrecked me and he got into me on the back straightaway, pretty much ruined our day. I have had it, was fed up with it and got him back."

he needs to watch the replay from the back stretch it clearly showed he came down the 15 car never moved out of his line. gordon wrecked after he tried to hook bowyers rr fender and got up in the rubber.

Not sure what replay your watching, I've watched several times and Gordon never moved down. Bowyer moved up, he even stated on his radio he moved up and accidentally bumped him which caused the left front flat. We can make excuses all day long but it it came straight from the horses mouth so we have to take that for face value. Gordon did admit to retaliating and it's been Long time coming, but that doesn't make it ok. But I'm sure we was ready to face any fines and punishment necessary. It was not bad enought to hurt someone and the drivers know the limitations to that and to say they don't would be our ignorance.