Default Question for the cylinde head guys.

Stock dart 230 runner heads flow 306@700 lift. Mullins heads flow 320@600 lift. I am building a new motor and want to know what the diffrence would be with using one or the other. I am building a 434 and plan on turning it 7400 rpm. The price diffence on the heads is huge so thanks for any help.

When I am looking to build acceleration and power I look at the lower numbers like .100 on up, I am sure the Mullins head may have some significant advantages there if not use the Dart.

Post the flow numbers and the prices for both, I am curious.

My rule of thumb is about 2HP per CFM and that is if you can maximize what you have thru intake and exhaust not limiting head flow significantly.

I don't usually just go by the flow numbers on the heads as I want to get the intake, spacer, and carb on the bench as well as the header to be used. It makes for a pretty complicated set up on the bench but where there is a will there is a way.

there is alot more to heads making hp than flow numbers. guys like dynodouche havent figured that out yet. mullins is to notch stuff. i'd expect and easy 25-50hp over the out of the box heads if the rest of your combo is good.

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14 View Post
    When I am looking to build acceleration and power I look at the lower numbers like .100 on up, I am sure the Mullins head may have some significant advantages there if not use the Dart.

Post the flow numbers and the prices for both, I am curious.

My rule of thumb is about 2HP per CFM and that is if you can maximize what you have thru intake and exhaust not limiting head flow significantly.

I don't usually just go by the flow numbers on the heads as I want to get the intake, spacer, and carb on the bench as well as the header to be used. It makes for a pretty complicated set up on the bench but where there is a will there is a way.
    Show me the seat and chamber work, that's where the power is.