Thread: Motor?????

Default Motor?????

sport mod type class, 2350 lbs minumum. running kk704 tire 360 cubic inch displacement or less. Compression of 9.5 or less. 1% error.
    Stock type, stamped rocker arms only. No roller tip rocker arms.
    48 lbs crank, 2 bbl rochester,stock intake. vortec 2bbl can be used, intakes must be untouched.
    1.250 valvespring, with 5 coils. ,MAX RPM 7000 ON PILL.
    I need recommendations on motor builders, or cam that would work for this class. what are your recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by 68stcracing View Post
    sport mod type class, 2350 lbs minumum. running kk704 tire 360 cubic inch displacement or less. Compression of 9.5 or less. 1% error.
    Stock type, stamped rocker arms only. No roller tip rocker arms.
    48 lbs crank, 2 bbl rochester,stock intake. vortec 2bbl can be used, intakes must be untouched.
    1.250 valvespring, with 5 coils. ,MAX RPM 7000 ON PILL.
    I need recommendations on motor builders, or cam that would work for this class. what are your recommendations?
    Around 510 lift and 245 duration.

Need to reread your rules. Looks like a stock motor class and the crank is way out of place.

what do you mean out of place? they allow any piston, any rod.

Quote Originally Posted by 68stcracing View Post
    what do you mean out of place? they allow any piston, any rod.
    Maybe its a regional thing. I find it odd a class would allow a 48lb crank and any rod/ pistons, but limit the carb to a rochester and stock rockers.

Sounds like you can build a $5000 ultra light weight short block and add oem top end to it. I see a big loophole for the racer with money.

what type of top end and cam would you recommend for this set up? pm me if you like.

vortec 2bbl can be used

Do you mean vortec heads?

What is the head rule?

Hyd or mech cam?

I try not to PM, what you need to know will help others.

23 degree cat iron head, vortecs are allowed, as well as mercruiser intakes which are near impossible to find where i live. solid cam/lifters, intakes are to be untouched

where can i get race ready vortec(both regular and bow tie) heads for a two barrel motor, what cam recommendations does everyone have, 1/4-3/8 mile dirt oval