For Immediate Release
November 13th, 2012

William Thomas Takes Double Checkers at East Alabama Motor Speedway

Phenix City, Alabama (11/13/12) - William Thomas registered a pair of $5,000 wins during the running of the 38th Annual National 100 over the weekend at East Alabama Motor Speedway (Phenix City, Alabama).

After a few weeks away from the track William returned to action in a convincing manner over the weekend in the 38th Annual National 100 at East Alabama Motor Speedway (Phenix City, Alabama) as he took part in three divisions.

In the Crate Late Model division Thomas started his weekend by qualifying fastest in the field to earn the pole position for the $5,000-to-win finale. As the 50 lap event went green William snagged the lead and would never look back on his way to the victory! Steven Roberts, Rodgerick Dykes, Mark Whitener, and Ray Cook rounded out the top five.

The Late Model Sportsman class saw William earn the pole for the feature via qualifications. As the finale saw the green flag wave on Sunday evening Thomas jumped to the lead and would hold down the top spot until the midway part of the feature, when he slipped to the third spot. However, a few laps later the top two cars would encounter tire issues, which allowed Thomas to re-inherit the lead. William went on to lead the closing laps to record his second $5,000 triumph of the afternoon, which pushed his 2012 win total to ten.

In the Super Late Model division a $20,000 top prize was on the line for the winner of unsanctioned event. With thirty-five entries on hand Thomas debuted his new ride in the #5 Baird Transport/Elite Concrete/Barry Wright/Vic Hill Racing Engine Super Late Model. A fourth place finish in his heat race on Saturday evening locked him into the thirteenth starting spot for Sunday evening's 100 lap finale. Thomas battled around mid-pack for the first half of the event before retiring to a 19th place finish with mechanical issues.

"Even though I hated we had mechanical issues in the Super Late Model all weekend, it was really a great weekend for us," noted Thomas. "I was a little concerned in the Late Model Sportsman feature, when we slipped to third, but I knew that the track was getting abrasive, so I just focused on saving my tires, and it proved to work out for us."

Full results from the weekend can be found at www.EAMSDirt.com .

The next scheduled event for the team is November 22nd-24th, when William looks to defend his title in the Turkey 100 at Swainsboro Raceway (Swainsboro, Georgia). Thomas scored the $20,000 victory in the event in 2011, and hopes to repeat this season. For more information on the event, please visit www.SwainsboroRaceway.com .

William Thomas Motorsports would like to thank JW Miller Land & Timber, Austin Trucking Company, Baird Transport, Elite Concrete, LSK, Genes Racing Parts, Simpson Race Products, Hoosier Race Tires, Shorty’s Motorsports, KC Racing Graphics, Stealth Carburetors, Rick Hixson Fabrication, Lamar Hunt Racing Engines, Valken Wheels, Sunoco Racing Fuel – Bearden Oil, PPM Racing Products, Kinser Air Filters, Winters, PST Drive Shafts, Sweet Mfg, Outlaw Disc Brakes, Ultra-Shield, Auto Meter, Cloyes, Comp Cams, Eibach Springs, Holley, Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil, KRC Steering Pumps, Lunati, PRC, T&D Machine Products, Weld Wheels, Wiseco, Wrisco, Allstar Performance, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on William Thomas, please visit http://www.WilliamThomas.net .