FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 19h, 2012

Kyle Beard Wins $2,500 in Shootout at Turkey Bowl VI; Columbus Next

Trumann, AR (11/19/12) – Kyle Beard claimed his first special event win in over two years on Saturday night by piloting his #86 Upton Motorsports/Pierce Race Car/Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model to the $2,500 win in the Turkey Bowl VI.

The event began on a strange note as in an effort to curb debate over spoiler size, track officials allowed defending race winner, Jack Sullivan, to make a call on whether or not the cars would run spoilers at all. Sullivan made the decision to race without spoilers so all cars had their spoilers removed for the program.

Twenty-one Super Late Models registered for battle, and via his heat race performance Kyle earned the outside-front-row starting spot alongside Justin Wells for the $2,500-to-win finale. As the feature went green Beard assumed the second spot and would fall as far back as the third spot. However, he quickly raced back to the second spot, and on lap 15, when the leader, Wells, jumped the cushion, Kyle took advantage and claimed the lead. His path to victory would be far from easy though as contact with a lap car on the next circuit almost eliminated Beard. Luckily he was able to keep rolling and maintained the lead. Kyle went on to fend off a late-race charge from soon to be father-in-law, Terry Phillips to score the victory. Phillips, Justin Wells, Jack Sullivan, and Matt Johnson rounded out the top five at the checkered flag. The victory was the second of the season for Beard.

"I've got to thank my Dad, the Uptons, all of my great sponsors, and friends and family for their support," commented an elated Beard. "It's been a while since I won a special event, and I wanted this one bad. That was a lot of fun tonight."

Full results are available at www.SpringfieldRaceway.com.

Kyle Beard will conclude his 2012 campaign next weekend, November 23rd-24th, with the annual Possum Town Grand Prix at Columbus Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi). On Friday night a $1,000 winner's check will be on the line for the Super Late Model division, while the competitors will battle for a $2,000 top prize on Saturday night. For more information on the event please visit www.ColumbusSpeedway.net .

Kyle Beard would like to thank his sponsors including Upton Motorsports, Greg's Sawmills, Gary Beard Trucking, 45 Race Shop, Samuel’s Performance Engines, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Clements Racing Engines, Bob Pierce Race Cars, GRT Race Cars, JFR Graphics, Real Racin’ Wheels, Bill Frye Motorsports, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Kyle and Beard Motorsports, please visit www.KyleBeard86.com