Thread: C&S Carbs ???

Default C&S Carbs ???

I was wondering if anyone has ever used C&S carburetor's ? I sent my alky carb to them and it came back worse than it was before I sent it. I'm just curious if anyone else has had any problems with them ? Thanks

Great carbs

I have a Rochester c and s, best carb i ever used, now for sale cause of class change

Had an old C&S alky carb once. Never gave me an issue. I just wonder if you have another issue and the carb is amplifying it? Whats it doing exactly?

Nah it's the carb. I had another one on it and it ran fine, but the one I sent to them is a better carb. When I got it back from them the car wouldn't start so we pulled the bowls off and noticed that both floats were smashed so we put new floats in it and it ran good while in the shop, but at the track it wouldn't run worth a crap. It was "spitting and sputtering" and wouldn't turn but about 4000 rpm's. I put the other one that I had back on it and it ran good. I'm not sure what's wrong with it ?

Sounds like it may have backfired up into the bowls, smashing the floats and blowing the powervalve,if there is one.
    Josh K.