Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

I'm not sure how we have gotten to the point in this country where employees think it is the employers obligation to make sure they can provide for their family. If you are working somewhere and are not happy with the wages you are earning, then learn a trade or a skill that will pay you more. Get a better education and improve your earning potential. It has never been easier to get student loans and/or grants that don't have to be paid back. It is not the employers job to improve your family's quality of life----it is yours!

All this talk about how much a corporation makes has no bearing on what its employees SHOULD make. This mentalitiy comes from a lifetime of being accustomed to signing the back of a paycheck, not the front. If you don't like how much you are earning, take responsibility for yourself and learn a trade or a skill that sets you apart from others. You will never make much more than minimum wage doing jobs anyone can do.

Just my 2 pennies worth, for what it's worth. l
    "In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGRT12x View Post
    Fact over Fiction
    Facts over fox!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Henry View Post
    I'm not sure how we have gotten to the point in this country where employees think it is the employers obligation to make sure they can provide for their family. If you are working somewhere and are not happy with the wages you are earning, then learn a trade or a skill that will pay you more. Get a better education and improve your earning potential. It has never been easier to get student loans and/or grants that don't have to be paid back. It is not the employers job to improve your family's quality of life----it is yours!

All this talk about how much a corporation makes has no bearing on what its employees SHOULD make. This mentalitiy comes from a lifetime of being accustomed to signing the back of a paycheck, not the front. If you don't like how much you are earning, take responsibility for yourself and learn a trade or a skill that sets you apart from others. You will never make much more than minimum wage doing jobs anyone can do.

Just my 2 pennies worth, for what it's worth. l
    +1000 Very well said...

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Wow Mud the economy must be picking up just like they are saying.

Naw, not really goin good but a bit better then last year. Of course, I no longer have my warehouse and the expense of running it or my palatial office and the expense of running it. I had to pare down everything to bare bones. So even if I have a couple extra bucks in my pocket, the people I was renting from lost. So no, the economy isn't any better. But use this as a learning tool. When a business is forced to cut and they find out that by golly were getting by just fine after the cuts, like as not, they won't go back to the old ways. Just the way it is friend. I have a competitor that had a three technicians and himself, he started going back and doing a couple of tech calls off and on and found out that he and his best tech could do it themselves, so two folks got laid off. Now he and his tech make a bit more themselves, but the two that got laid off, not so much. When things get better maybe he'll hire one back, but I doubt it.

Duane

Default Same tyrants with different names!!

Hope everyone had a chance to watch the series on "The Men Who Built America"
    Great men consumed by Greed!!

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    Yeah, back to the calling people commies again. That's your usual default position when you really don't have anything to add. By the way, it also means you lose the argument. I think GB reruns are on, perhaps you would better use your time learning more at GBU than posting on here? Maybe he could give you some more conspiracies to post, some more "boogey man gonna gitcha!!" news?
    Are you really for real?

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    Yeah, back to the calling people commies again. That's your usual default position when you really don't have anything to add. By the way, it also means you lose the argument. I think GB reruns are on, perhaps you would better use your time learning more at GBU than posting on here? Maybe he could give you some more conspiracies to post, some more "boogey man gonna gitcha!!" news?
    I didn't call you ANY names but somehow a do keep picturing Pinochio in my mind when I see your name on here!

Nobody answered my question, why do the red states take the most from the Federal Government?
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Quote Originally Posted by p-towne View Post
    I would saw they were consumed by power. Money and property was just a way of keeping score.

I should of added that I thought it was a pretty good series also.

Quote Originally Posted by p-towne View Post

Yes I saw the series and thought it as a pretty good series and it showed me why unions were necessary. It was greed at it purist form. There is still plenty of greed in this country today.

You also might try sticking to factual data and not op-ed pieces.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

41-50 poorest states are all red.
    New mexico,
    Louisiana,
    South Carolina,
    Montana,
    Tenneseee,
    Oklahoma,
    Alabama,
    Kentucky,
    Arizona,
    West Virginia,
    Mississippi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ates_by_income

ost
    The data is seven years old and the above post is a joke son http://www.governing.com/gov-data/mu...-defaults.htmlttp://www.panamalaw.org/10_states_ready_to_go_bankrupt_bad_implications_fo r_USA.html
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 12-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.

41-50 poorest states are all red.
    New mexico,
    Louisiana,
    South Carolina,
    Montana,
    Tenneseee,
    Oklahoma,
    Alabama,
    Kentucky,
    Arizona,
    West Virginia,
    Mississippi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ates_by_income
    god list considerd many have very little population montana really oklahoma

There is much more recent data if you would like to see it that supports what I have posted.

There is much more recent data if you would like to see it that supports what I have posted.
    They don't like facts remember they listen to fox where they don't have to tell the truth.

must be terrrible coming from a corrupt and bankrupt state like IL

if the red states have all the money explain why many states and cities are going bankrupt

States like California and New York, to name two, GENERATE alot of money---they do not have alot of money. The difference? Let me give you an example:

I own 2 small used car lots and I deal with alot of people; those who pay their bills and those who don't for whatever reason. I have taken credit applications on those who earn $80,000-120,000 routinely. They generate alot of income but they have no money---they spend more than they make. They are broke. Some make, for example, $80,000 per year but have 90,000 going out a year. This is the case with some states, most notably California and New York. Yes, they generate a tremoundous amount of money but it still comes down to what they spend...and the spending is waaaay out of control. Any good accountant will tell you "It's not how much you make, it's how much you keep after you make it."
    "In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    --George Orwell