Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Actually, red states do not have more money, thus the reason they are the POOREST. They receive MORE money from the Federal Govt than they PAY IN. It's a simple concept.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2697/...cb51f19d5e.jpg
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Just guessing, that they don't make much so don't pay much so when the Feds are refurbing stuff it looks like their getting a ton of money. And if they were, they wouldn't be poor, would they.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Naw, not really goin good but a bit better then last year. Of course, I no longer have my warehouse and the expense of running it or my palatial office and the expense of running it. I had to pare down everything to bare bones. So even if I have a couple extra bucks in my pocket, the people I was renting from lost. So no, the economy isn't any better. But use this as a learning tool. When a business is forced to cut and they find out that by golly were getting by just fine after the cuts, like as not, they won't go back to the old ways. Just the way it is friend. I have a competitor that had a three technicians and himself, he started going back and doing a couple of tech calls off and on and found out that he and his best tech could do it themselves, so two folks got laid off. Now he and his tech make a bit more themselves, but the two that got laid off, not so much. When things get better maybe he'll hire one back, but I doubt it.

Duane
    Sorry to hear you had to down size a little but, sometimes that's not a bad thing. I thought maybe things were starting to turn around for you.

I don't see this country moving in the right direction as fast as it needs to because of the politicians we have in Washington right now. It's really a shame if you ask me. It's unbelievable they can not compromise anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    "typical stupid lib"??

Really? Sorry buddy, but it takes a real dumbarse to completely miss the point. My point was, to Lite Inn, that $15 an hour in ND won't pay the rent. Not that there was any problem with the cost of rent in ND.

Figure it out Duane, instead of just trying to invent another reason to call someone way smarter than you stupid.

Then if you can't live on that in ND your certainly not going to live on the 8.50 they pay in Ca. Thats why its called an entry level job, not a life long endevor, well except for the likes of you...

Duane

Some people failed Econ 101
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGRT12x View Post
    I ain't no math whiz, but I can blow right by the morons in congress!!!

I ain't no math whiz
    Thank you for stating the obvious.

Thank you for stating the obvious.
    I don't see your point, but glad I could help.

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Sorry to hear you had to down size a little but, sometimes that's not a bad thing. I thought maybe things were starting to turn around for you.

I don't see this country moving in the right direction as fast as it needs to because of the politicians we have in Washington right now. It's really a shame if you ask me. It's unbelievable they can not compromise anymore.

The problem is and always will be, what ones view of the "compromise" is. The Republicans have put forth a plan that will give the President everything he asked for, (dollar wise) and won't raise taxes on anyone. Rather then raising taxes, they choose to take deductions away. Now less then a year ago, B-Rock was all in favor of that, but now even though it hits his dollar marks, because it doesn't raise taxes, he's not interested. Now who isn't compromising? The republicans are taking writ-offs away from the richest which is pretty darn close to a tax if you ask me.

The major problem is neither party has the stomach for a cut, and we need a big one.

Duane

"OK" Guys, you get an inch, you take a mile! (Political posting is not permitted and Walmart is getting a little to political!!)

The inch is appreciated, but the discussion has been very good, wouldn't you agree?

Duane

I'm going to WalMart today!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I'm going to WalMart today!!
    I went the other day

They haven't failed, they never even got into the class.

Then if you can't live on that in ND your certainly not going to live on the 8.50 they pay in Ca. Thats why its called an entry level job, not a life long endevor, well except for the likes of you...

Duane
    I have a question for you, since you really seem to think you are so talented and all that.

Did you buy your business turn key, or start it from nothing and build it up to where it is now?

what difference does it make he s still running a business and MR Sam Walton started from stratch

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    I have a question for you, since you really seem to think you are so talented and all that.

Did you buy your business turn key, or start it from nothing and build it up to where it is now?
    Well, oddly enough both. Allow me to explain. I went to work with the company close to 40 yrs ago, a few years after my first stint, there were financial issues and I felt I could see problems so I went elsewhere to work for about two yrs. After the two yrs or so my original employer lost everything and had to start over and asked me to come back and work for him, I did that and worked at a very reduced wage for many years till we got it built back up again. My original boss retired in his early 70's and his son took over. We were sailing along just fine when he was struck by cancer and subsequently died at age 42. His wife asked me to run the show for a while (about a year) when she decided she wanted out and sold it to me. So in essence, I did build it from scratch and I did buy it turn key. I have never really made any "good" money while working for this company all the way up to owning it, but I have enjoyed about every minute of it, I truly love my job.

Duane

PS Don't know where you got the idea that I'm "all that talented"
    Last edited by mudslinger47; 12-06-2012 at 08:08 PM.

The link you have shared is not working anymore, but I guess it was connected with the Walmart opened job positions, right? Anyways, all the info is always available via walmart customer service , feel free to use its phone numbers and emails 24/7 for the most precise info. The Walmart's customer support team is usually very efficient and helpful.

BTT for a ten year old Thread????
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 01-03-2023 at 07:17 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by ModJr4 View Post
    "OK" Guys, you get an inch, you take a mile! (Political posting is not permitted and Walmart is getting a little to political!!)
    I’ve never even seen this thread until today, but this sure as hell went out the window years ago…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????