Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Walmart has already help bring this economy down buy making US corporations labor force compete against communist China labor. Walmart has destroyed several manufacturing jobs here. Which has cause a ripple effect through the US economy. Walmart has got us right were they need us. We as a nation can't afford to buy nothing but their cheap merchandise from China. The Walmart owners are rich enough to get policies in play for their benefit, no matter what political party is in control. Walmart is one of the corporations that are controlling the government for the minority not the majority of the US citizens.

Why Walmart has helped bring this country down, it has helped a communist country become much stronger and powerful in the world. Keeping Walmart strong is keeping communism strong.
    guess what target pennys etc sell the same stuff and if want a american tv you go to walmart

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    guess what target pennys etc sell the same stuff and if want a american tv you go to walmart
    Lite inn, what brand of TV would that be? Assembled here is not the same as made here. Vizio is actually a Taiwanese company called Amtran technology. Elment tvs are made with asia electronics and assemled in Michigan.

Last edited by LITE-INN; 11-26-2012 at 11:05 PM.

and your point is

I don't know about all that crazy talk but I can say that a former employer of mine flew to the wal-mart head office to show a new product that was selling pretty well in the area to see just what it would take to sell ther product at wal-mart. they were told only if it was produced/mfg in china they could not sell it for the same price the local stores were selling at unless they sent the job oversea's. the two guy's that went to the meeting got up and flew back. they still sell them in the area and wal-mart now sell's a very simular product. this is the same thing ford motor company has done with ther suppliers a local auto supple company was notified last week that the head office was closing them down due to demands made by ther number one customer.ford all the work is being sent to mexico,china and poland. I have lookeed in the area foe a union factory ther are none here the only unions are construction,plumbers,teaches and fire fighter. so I can't see unions being the problem 100 percent the greedy have to take ther share of the blame.

and your point is
    My post are for informational purposes only. Trying to make a point on here is pointless.

Walmart will eventually succumb to inept management and will lose it's spot at the top and another more nimble company will take it's spot. History repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 15D View Post
    Walmart will eventually succumb to inept management and will lose it's spot at the top and another more nimble company will take it's spot. History repeats itself.
    If you think Walmart is "inept" in it's management, you're nuts! It is virtually impossible to make the profits they make and run a business of it's size by being anything less than highly skilled at management.

History repeats itself? What does that mean? When is the last time a company comparable to Walmart was replaced by a more nimble one?

is that from experience clayton
    Fortunately no. I saw the Kool-Aid for what it was and did not drink it!

So, I gather by listening(reading) what the Wally World h8rs have to say, then it aught to go hand in hand that Mickey "D's" should be paying a minimum of about what 15 bucks an hour for the pimple faced high schooler to hand you your fries. Course, you wouldn't be able to afford them either. If the people at WalMart aren't happy with their wage, they are certainly free to find employment elsewhere, aren't they? So in that vein, why should WalMart pay higher wages. No one has a gun to their heads to make them work there. Would one of you lefties please explain that to me?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys wankin' about WalMart wages own your own businesses?
    Last edited by mudslinger47; 11-29-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Since Walmart has been a major contributor in enforcing corporations to out sourcing manufacturing jobs over seas. They should have to pay wages comparable to costco wages.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Cost...ries-E2590.htm

guess costc o can afford that with memberships to everyone that walks in the store in this instances you should be beating up on sams not walmart
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 12-01-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Its's just the differents between corporations(costco) that "love" their work force and the corporations(Walmart) that their employee are just a number(greed).
    Last edited by ss12; 12-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.

waltons must be doing something rightthey have CR@P load of stores and costco is out of the norm for retail

waltons must be doing something rightthey have CR@P load of stores and costco is out of the norm for retail
    Waltons are ding a great job of depressing the market to the point that they control their suppliers (they buy in such large quantities that no company can say no to whatever they demand) and they dominate and own their workers instore (they pay so little that the people who work at Walmart can only afford to shop at Walmart.)

I used to be a manager in the grocery store business. One day the Deli guy and I were talking and his comment was "We have 150 people who work here, if every one of them did their weekly shopping here at roughly $100 a person per week, we are guaranteed our first $15000 of gross before we even open. I don't understand why so many people who work here don't shop here." My reply was it was because most couldn't afford to, the wages in retail were so low industry wide that most people working in retail are the lower earners and have to go where the prices are cheapest. Sad but true. Our workers were not our target market, we aimed to attract a higher earning clientele and our prices reflected the earning potential of our customers.

You may not realize it, but there are grocery chains out there that deliberately price themselves out of the market for the bottom dwellers of the economy because people who are doing well do NOT want to rub shoulders with "the riff-raff" when they go to the grocery store.

All Walmart's expansion and success shows is more and more people are poorer now than they ever have been. The result is the retail chain for poor people just gets bigger every year.
    Last edited by t.nie; 12-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.

check out the walmart history hint hint they started out as a small business your just mad they don't want to be inthe union

Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    If you think Walmart is "inept" in it's management, you're nuts! It is virtually impossible to make the profits they make and run a business of it's size by being anything less than highly skilled at management.

History repeats itself? What does that mean? When is the last time a company comparable to Walmart was replaced by a more nimble one?
    I think Walmart's management is at it's zenith today, and will stay that way for at least the foreseeable future. At some point they will decay. Here is a link to an article backing up my assertion:

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...merica-shopped

Companies have to continually grow. They do this through a number of ways. Finding new geographic areas to compete is one method. Finding new markets to compete in for the stores that already exist is another.

At some point management will no longer be able to find new geographic areas or markets that works within their business plan. Walmart is to me a "low-price" competitor as opposed to a competitor that competes through product or service differentiation. This will ultimately limit it's ability to innovate (it may take awhile,) because low-price strategy doesn't work for every product or service.

Additionally, while Walmart continues to grow they have the ability to reinvest their earnings as opposed to pay out dividends to stockholders. There are definite tax advantages to growing a business as opposed to maintaining a business at a steady level. Also re-investing Retained Earnings gives a better return on investment to most investors than dividends. Investors have to pay taxes on dividends while they will be exempt from increases in stock price/worth until they sell.