Default Switching to nova lowers

Metric clip. I'm assuming I need to change the uppers? They are adjustable ones with swedged tubes and heims.

yes uppers need to be changed,along with mounts for uppers or you might get a bind issue.Also the screwjack position needs to be changed.My car was set up for nova lowers but because I had so many metrics I used them and used swiveler style screw jacks which did not work very well especially when we tagged the wall and had ride height issues.my short cuts didn't work and are going to nova's this season.remember using novas makes the wheel base longer and wider normal metric cars use a 58" rear and novacars use a 60 so a new rear end or wheel spacers to keep the track width correct.

the nova lower switch is no simple change people think it's just changing the lowers and that just is not the case you end up changing just about everything to get it correct. the only things your going to reuse are the spindle and hub assenblies and maybe the shocks. to get the roll center and bump steer correct you really wont reuse much else. if this is something you really want to do take it to a chassis shop that can jig the chassis up and do it right the first time other wise you may chase your tail all season.

I'm almost done with mine. Yes it's a lot work but well worth it. Biggest thing is jack bolt, had to move it over and out, about an 1 1/2 from where it was. I got lucky with upper mounts. They were in a good location to start with. All I had to do was move the front back ear in front of the other ear and longer swedge tubes. I ran it up and down threw the motion and caster and camber gains look good. Hope these before and after pics help.

Last edited by Nick Tucker Motorsports; 11-29-2012 at 10:49 PM.