Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E85? Pros/Cons

Quote Originally Posted by powerball View Post
    yes it is! so your telling me i cant go an buy e85 out of the pump from a gas station! ya right an i guarantee you guys that dont think its fair also dont read between the GRAY areas in the rules either huh! lmao
    never said you couldnt buy ETHANOL from the pump. buy it all you want its not gonna turn it into GAS..lol. some of you guys get more retarded bye the day.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    never said you couldnt buy ETHANOL from the pump. buy it all you want its not gonna turn it into GAS..lol. some of you guys get more retarded bye the day.
    earlier you stated it was ALCOHOL!! which is it jacka$$ !! keep paying for that expensive race fuel you have been burning DUMBA$$ an i will keep buy that e85 for half of what you ve been spending

I agree with powerball it is pump gas. After all you get from the pump at the gas stations. I guess that is one of those grey areas.

I would call it pump fuel. It's 85% ethanol and 15% gas. Ethanol and methanol are both alcohols but very different. No, you don't use twice as much E-85 as gas before it even comes up lol. It's not like methanol.

OK, no where in the rules does it say anything about "PUMP" gas or fuel. It states clearly gasoline only. If you are running E-85, that is 85 percent ethanol. NO gray area! Black and white to me. People saying they have been running it for "years" tells me they have been cheating for years, and just admitted to it on a public forum.

All that being said, I would still like to try it, but the rules need to be clarified if they are going to allow it.
    Last edited by Crash 4; 12-08-2012 at 11:50 PM.

powerball..i'll type this REALLY slow so you understand it. PLEASE read slow.

alcohol is a classification of fuel. fuels that fall under this category include methanol and ethanol. so here is where it gets complicated for you...yes ethanol IS an alcohol!

now since ethanol is available from a pump DOES NOT mean its gas. gasoline is a totally different category of fuels.

i apologize to my fellow 4mers for powerballs rants and misinformation. in all honesty i thought everybody knew the difference between gas and alcohols. i really didn't think somebody that knew how to use a computer would be this uneducated.

OMG! you guys are some of the biggest cry babies out there. lmao!

Not to muddy the water's here but you buy E-85 at a gas station not at an alcohol station...

The popcorn is in the microwave... this may get good.

pump fuel is pump fuel,...e85 is the standard pump fuel cross the usa today,....but yall can keep being an exact (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) long as ya want to bout it,..if rules says pump fuel,..e-85 should be fine,...its writin that way so them over edumactaed know it alls out iowa ways wont mix up race fuel an corn likker to race on,...some folks would argue with the 10 commandments trying to be the info guru of stock cars

Lets call it gas-ahol.... because it does have gasoline in it and is not 100% alcohol. With that being said the statement "gasoline only and no additives" is in my book an Oxymoron. Do some fuel testing and you will find out gasoline has MANY additives which may or may not be intended. H2O being a unintended additive and Nitrogen being an intended additive. Many companies are selling these Oxygenated fuels that use Nitrogen additives. When they say Gasoline only one also could make an argument that Turbo blue race gas would be illegal also because it is no regular gasoline either. So my point is a racer can find a gray area argument quite easily. Unless your tech inspector has a chemical engineering degree and the tools to test fuel for all of the above. Check out circletrack.com theres a nice article about Oxygenated fuels. Personally I would worry more about these types of race gases or Nitro based fuels than E85.