Default 2013 Carolina Crown: $30,000 To Win!!

The $30,000 to Win Carolina Crown set for March!

$30,000 to Win Super Late Model Event!

Largest in South Carolina history - Belmont, NC. – 11-26-12

The 2nd Annual Carolina Crown is set for 3 exciting days and back by popular demand on March 28th, 29th & 30th. The inaugural event had 5 different leaders and 15 different lead changes and as the checkered flag dropped on Lap 75 it was Scott Autry taking home the $20,000 pay day, his biggest career victory. Autry's win became one of the biggest cinderella stories in the history of Dirt Late Model racing.

The 2nd Annual Carolina Crown will have some added features offering the fans and competitors yet another great experience at the Lancaster Speedway in South Carolina. The Super Late Model main event will be reduced to 60 total laps, with a mandatory caution with 10 to go on lap 50, creating the same 10 lap shootout to the checkers that fans got to witness in last years event. "Last year the 10 to go shootout was a bit of a gamble, but it worked out perfectly, no one go tangled up and it offered some great side by side action to the finish, so I saw no reason not to do it again" Said Cody Sommer, Carolina Crown's race promoter.

In an effort to create fair competition, the Carolina Crown will also be featuring the FAST DASH, where the top 6 cars from heat races on Friday will line up to race for their starting positions in the 60 Lap main event on Saturday for $30,000. "I hear a lot of drivers upset about inverts at other series' and events and I wanted to give them something that can help prevent that anger. The FAST DASH, eliminates the fear of drawing a bad pill and being forced to start further back than possibly deserved. Now they will be able to race 6 hard laps to figure out where they will start the main event" Said Sommer. "The way it should be"

In addition to Super Late Models, The Carolina Crown will be hosting 6 different divisions throughout the weekend. Friday night Crate Late Models will race for $1,500 to Win with Pure Streets and Ucars. Saturday night Open Wheel Modifieds will race for $1,500 to Win with Super Streets and Crate Sportsman. Of Course, Super Late Models will be competing on both Friday and Saturday nights. Thursday offers an open rotating practice for all 6 divisions which is not mandatory, but offers competitors a day dedicated to tuning their race cars for the weekend. "Last year I had a lot of competitors that wanted to have a practice day leading up to the event. To me there is no better way to do that than on Thursday leading up to the weekend. This may help some of those further traveling competitors that may have never seen Lancaster Speedway before" Said Sommer.

Also, the ever popular "BUD TENT" will be back trackside giving campers, competitors and fans a fun atmosphere after the races on Friday and Saturday night. Featuring Live Entertainment both nights, Contests and a Mechanical Bull. A must attend party.

The tentative event schedule with more details is posted in the Schedule of Events section on the website.

Keep up with the latest updates and information on the official website www.TheCarolinaCrown.com and social media page www.Facebook.com/TheCarolinaCrown

Event Date: www.LancasterSuperSpeedway.com .

March 28th, 29th & 30th, 2013.

For more information please contact:
    info@Race-Promotions.com
    Office Line: 704-464-7487

really a caution with 10 laps to go? this aint NASCRAP!

How much to start?
    "20bigofan"

Quote Originally Posted by Chattanooga Flash #5 View Post
    How much to start?
    I will find out that for you.

If your on facebook go join the event page I created for The Carolina Crown.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2975...an_user_joined

I really think this race needs to be sanctioned. JMO!!!!!
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seifertfan2 View Post
    I really think this race needs to be sanctioned. JMO!!!!!
    My thoughts too. Pay 20 K to win plus sanction fees and get a great field of cars. South Carolina has been hurting on car count for unsanctioned races.

This is from The Carolina Crown Facebook Page:

Super Late Model, Crate Late Model and Open Wheel Modified rules will be posted this week. Additionally, Driver registration will be available this week! Anyone know drivers coming to the 2nd annual Carolina Crown?

Schedule of Events

THURSDAY MARCH 28TH
    OPEN PRACTICE ALL DIVISIONS. NOT MANDATORY

SUPER LATES, CRATE LATES, MODIFIEDS, SUPER STREET, CRATE SPORTSMAN, PURE STREET AND EXTREME 4

5P.M. – 7P.M. – GATES OPEN. HAULER PARKING

7P.M. – 10P.M. – ROTATING PRACTICE. ALL DIVISIONS.

FRIDAY MARCH 29TH
    QUALIFING/HEATS SUPER LATES. FULL PROGRAM LM CRATES, PURE STREETS AND EXTREME 4

1P.M. PIT GATES OPEN

2P.M. – 5P.M. TECHNICAL INSPECTION. SUPERS

6P.M. – DRIVERS MEETING. ALL DIVISIONS

6:30P.M. – HOT LAPS. LM CRATE, PURE STREET, EXTREME 4, SUPERS

7P.M. – QUALIFYING. LM CRATE, SUPERS

8P.M. – HEATS. PURE STREET, EXTREME 4, LM CRATE, SUPER LATES

9P.M. – A MAINS. $2,000 TO WIN LM CRATE, $500 TO WIN PURE STREET, $300 TO WIN UCAR

10P.M. – 2A.M. – “BUD TENT” TRACKSIDE. LIVE ENTERTAINMENT & MECHANICAL BULL

SATURDAY MARCH 30TH

$30,000 TO SUPER LATES. B MAINS, FAST DASH. FULL PROGRAM MODIFIEDS, SUPER STREETS, CRATE SPORTSMANS

1P.M. PIT GATES OPEN

6P.M. DRIVERS MEETING. ALL DIVISIONS

6:30P.M. – HOT LAPS. MODIFIEDS, SUPER STREET, CRATE SPORTSMAN, SUPERS

7P.M. – HEAT RACES. MODIFIEDS, SUPER STREET, CRATE SPORTSMAN

8P.M. – FAST DASH. FIRST 3 ROWS SET FOR MAIN EVENT!

8:30P.M. – B MAINS. SUPER LATES

9P.M. – A MAINS. SOUTHERN OPEN WHEEL MODIFIEDS, $800 TO WIN SUPER STREET, $500 TO WIN CRATE SPORTSMAN. $30,000 TO WIN SUPER LATE MODELS. 60 LAPS
    Last edited by Phillip Michael Knight; 01-27-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Has anybody else notice this yet. During the Carolina Crown weekend, Nascar is off that weekend. I wonder if any of the Nascar Drivers will come?

Crate Late Model Updates: The Friday March 29th Crate Late Model race will now be $2,000 to Win! Crate Late Models will register with Carolina Crown staff and Tech will be performed with Carolina Crown staff. Lancaster Speedway Crate Late Model rules will apply (NDRA) with the exception of tires. The tire rule for the Carolina Crown event will be as follows: American Racer BT Spec 48 and 56. Hoosier HTS Spec 1350 and 1600. Hoosier Crate Racin USA Spec 21 and Spec 55. Hoosier Spec FT200 and FT400. NO SIPING, CUTTING, SOAKING, OR GROOVING of tires! After talking with tire manufacturers it was determined that all of these tires have very similar compound and characteristics and there would not be a distinct advantage of any brand or style of tire! This caters to local racers, NDRA, SECA, and Fastrak Racers!

Advanced Tickets for the 2nd Annual Carolina Crown are now on sale! visit www.TheCarolinaCrown.com for more information!

Super Late Model and Crate Late Model Pre Registration is now available. visit www.TheCarolinaCrown.com for more information and to download your registration form!