Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default United Dirt Late Models, Friday at BRP, Sat at NFS, 3000 to win each night

Final 2 United Dirt Late Model races, friday 11/23 at BRP in ocala and saturday at NFS in Lake City.
    Both venues have doubleheader weekends with all divisions running at some point
    21- The Professor *47 - The Tallahassee Terror *58 -The Magicman
    If they are in the race, Lets face it, the battle is for 2nd !
    Facebook page ,Florida Dirt Late Model Posse

Friday nights race at BRP had Keith Nosbisch take the win with Mark Whitener finishing 2nd and clinching the
    Bubba Raceway Park late model points championship.
    Saturday night at North Florida Speedway had Mark Whitener win followed by Ivedent lloyd , with that win
    and Keith Nosbisch having to go to the back late in the race due to a tire change, the magicman overcame
    a 70 point deficit to win the United Dirt Late Model championship.
    Pretty good weekend for the Big Frog motorsports team.

Default Big Frog Got a Freebie

That race should have never been on the schedule, also lake city race track water truck broke after friday's show? must have cause what a horrible racetrack !

And all the other races this season they got helped how ?
    Seems to me they had a pretty good season in most peoples eyes, and i dont see how a broken
    water truck gave them a title, everyone racing sat night had the same conditions.
    As far as the schedule change, a doubleheader was moved from the Alabama state weekend
    to this doubleheader at 2 different tracks this weekend , which was good for both tracks and
    good for more fans to see late models run.
    Nothing wrong with wishing another team would have won that race or the title, but its alittle
    sad someone has to come up with excuses why they won it......................
    Last edited by mf0521; 11-25-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Default No excuses

Just Facts Missy ! Like I said, Should not have been a race there saturday for UDLMCS..
    Also one race drop ????

Missy ? I am not quite sure how to respond to that, kind of ashame we have to resort to name calling,
    when we are just talking racing..
    No point in returning that favor, wouldnt make much of a difference to a poor sport anyway.
    Was a good competive year, went down to the last race, was a good year for Nosbisch and Augsberger.
    In the end the team with the most wins won the championship, thats really never a bad thing.
    Last edited by mf0521; 11-26-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Default Help

You asked how big frog got help, i said one race drop thats all ??if not for one race drop different results agreed? Sorry for calling you Missy

Talking Wow really!!!

This is Bridgett... Mark's wife... just lets get that clear I'm not gonna hide behind some log in name.

At the beginning of the 2013 racing season for United Dirt Late Model Challenge Series. It stated that there would be 1 drop race. Before any race ever took place. If you were a true follower of this series or the driver that you are with you would know this.

Now with that being said. it is quite sad that you are on here saying the Big Frog got a freebie in any kind of way. Considering the circumstances that we have over come this year.

1st. race of the season. - Mark qualified on the pole & won his heat race. He was also racing several other classes the night of the 1st race. Which he was involved in a horrible accident. Which he left the track in a rescue unit. To find out he had broken his T5 in his back. So yes he was not able to race the Feature that was held on the next night. But, Mark being the RACER that he is we returned to the track after he was discharged from the hospital to support our fellow racers.

So when you say we was given a freebie we was not given no freebie. Everything that we WON accomplished this year was out of pure determination on Mark & our crews part.

We have had our fair share of bad luck this year. We also blew a motor during a United race in Ocala this year going for the lead with 9 laps to go.

I can not help that Mark & our crew had a better overall finish this year than your driver did.

This is bad sportsmanship on your part for you getting on here and saying anything negative. Mark & crew has won the majority of the races for United this year and they were CROWNED THE CHAMPIONS FOR UNITED DIRT LATE MODEL CHALLENGE SERIES.

NO CRY BABYING NEEDED. OUR MOTO IS IN ORDER TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST. Everywhere we go that is what we try to do...

I'm sorry it did not work out in your favor this year... try again next year.. Have a Nice Day!!!

I just wanna know why they done such a sorry job of watering the racetrack Saturday nite, that was the worst race I've seen there all year? And how bout giving someone the black flag after they bring the caution out 3 times like they use to 20 years ago I know everyone spends alot of $ to race and wants to get all the time on the track they can but enough is enough 3 spins and put em in the pits!!!!

Default Congrats Big Frog Motorsports

Once again Congrats, this conversation is over!

What a terrible excuse for a series the UDLMCSABCDEF is (or whatever the current name is). There is no consistency in race procedure, unless you count consistently ruining what should be great races in the state of Florida. It is a far reach to try to remember the days when 50+ late models drove hours down south to Hendry County, now this terrible series gets less cars at a $3,000 to win show than normally show up to a Saturday Night Dig. The best thing this series can do to improve racing in the state of Florida is go away. Something that started as a great boost to racing, is now the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by KenKinneyKlan View Post
    What a terrible excuse for a series the UDLMCSABCDEF is (or whatever the current name is). There is no consistency in race procedure, unless you count consistently ruining what should be great races in the state of Florida. It is a far reach to try to remember the days when 50+ late models drove hours down south to Hendry County, now this terrible series gets less cars at a $3,000 to win show than normally show up to a Saturday Night Dig. The best thing this series can do to improve racing in the state of Florida is go away. Something that started as a great boost to racing, is now the exact opposite.
    So we have an anti ken kinney, anti united series response.
    The only time we have 50 plus late models going at it is when the WOO or Lucas series are in Florida.
    And that isnt because of 1 person or 1 series , we have many tracks not all that far away not working together.
    If we could get 2 or 3 tracks working together, we could get more late models together.
    When speedweeks is over, the only chance we have in this area,of seeing some quality late models
    is united or nlms series races, so you can say what you want about we would be better with out them,
    Im thinking not.
    Could they possibly do things better, maybe so, how about offering some suggestions on what would
    make them better rather than just saying they are a terrible excuse for a series.
    I will continue to go see them, enjoy watching many of the guys that run in that series.

Default Yes

Well Said !

Quote Originally Posted by mf0521 View Post
    So we have an anti ken kinney, anti united series response.
    The only time we have 50 plus late models going at it is when the WOO or Lucas series are in Florida.
    And that isnt because of 1 person or 1 series , we have many tracks not all that far away not working together.
    If we could get 2 or 3 tracks working together, we could get more late models together.
    When speedweeks is over, the only chance we have in this area,of seeing some quality late models
    is united or nlms series races, so you can say what you want about we would be better with out them,
    Im thinking not.
    Could they possibly do things better, maybe so, how about offering some suggestions on what would
    make them better rather than just saying they are a terrible excuse for a series.
    I will continue to go see them, enjoy watching many of the guys that run in that series.
    Here's a suggestion, get back to what made this series successful to begin with, which is being racer friendly. 1) $150 entry fee for$3,000 to win and $ 200 to start is not acceptable when the weekend before and weekend after boasted races nearby with similar entry fees that payed $10,000 and $20,000 to win and $500 and $700 to start. 2) Get a tire rule. How is it beneficial to the racer to run 3 straight races with 3 different tire rules? If you are a legit series, you make your tire rule, not the track you are attending. 3) The last 3 races featured 2 with heat races started from pill draw and 1 with qualifying. Create a race procedure and stick to it. That being said, a $3,000 to win or more race should feature qualifying or at the very least passing points in heat races. Just another example of not being racer friendly. Every series has its flaws, but there are too many here. Say what you will, but at this rate it is better for this series to dissolve if things do not change. BRP will have 50+ late models this weekend because Nesmith is a respected series run by respected officials, maybe the UDLMCS should attend with a notebook. JMO

Well the bottom line on why you will have 50 plus cars this weekend is a few reasons, namely 10000 up for grabs and also
    nothing else is happening, but yes , nesmith is a good series...................

The first year and a half of the series was run there were close to 50 cars at every race. Rules changes NOT driven by results and forgetting that the drivers came first killed the series. There have not been drivers pages on the web site after Karnac took over the site. Ken listened to WAY to many wrong people and it shows. There is NO reason AT ALL that the series could not still be doing great. I was told 2 years ago POINT BLANK by Ken that crates are dead in Florida and no one runs them. The first 5 races Ken ran were won by a crate motor, then the first official season had 90% of the races won by NLMSS engines and then the rules were changed to allow the NLMSS engines less weight and more spoiler BUT the crate rules were not altered. Then the 362 rules were opened up some, again no changes to the crates so they went away because they were getting shafted.

Well the bottom line on why you will have 50 plus cars this weekend is a few reasons, namely 10000 up for grabs and also
    nothing else is happening, but yes , nesmith is a good series...................
    So you are saying if the swainsboro race was not happening there would have been 35 late models at BRP and Lake City? Not a chance. Since you are such a UDLMCS mark, you must remember that this series began as the central sheds and trailers series at Hendry County. The first year branched out in he state saw 60 cars at Ocala the first week, followed by 48 late models at Hendry County, both for $5,000 to win. Later that year saw 63 cars show up to race for $3,800 at Volusia in conjunction with the NLMSS. Now go look at the car counts from the very next year, not even close. Please tell me how this is anything other than the series' fault.

I know of a number of cars that would have hit the united races that weekend had 20 k not been on the line , just as the weekend needmore had 10k up for grabs, higher purse draws more cars, you know that,its pretty simple.
    If your not in the points anywhere, go where the money is. Much of it is timing, what other stuff is happening the same weekend, thats why around here , we need coordination with the tracks and series so we can have better car counts and that really needs to include the south ga tracks.
    As far as the mark comment, like I said earlier, I have a few people I like to see race, they race
    BRP and NFS alot and United and NLMS races wherever their at, those are my choices to try to catch the best fairly local competition,but as you know locally their arent alot of choices.
    I do venture north , I hit screven, swainsboro and rome for the southern nationals series this past summer, now that is a well run show with incredible competition.
    But we have what we have, as long as thats what I have to see , I will go see them.

Quote Originally Posted by KenKinneyKlan View Post
    So you are saying if the swainsboro race was not happening there would have been 35 late models at BRP and Lake City? Not a chance. Since you are such a UDLMCS mark, you must remember that this series began as the central sheds and trailers series at Hendry County. The first year branched out in he state saw 60 cars at Ocala the first week, followed by 48 late models at Hendry County, both for $5,000 to win. Later that year saw 63 cars show up to race for $3,800 at Volusia in conjunction with the NLMSS. Now go look at the car counts from the very next year, not even close. Please tell me how this is anything other than the series' fault.
    First races were all won by a crate engine and they were open motor shows. The only rule was under 362ci you had to weigh 2350 over 362 you had to weigh 2400 and any tire was legal as long as it was a tire that was run at a track in Florida. Also teh first few years there was a LOT of time put into the schedule to maks sure the 2-3 closest tracks were not running, 2 day shows paid both days, AND there were no major shows going on within a few hundred miles.
    Last edited by Egoracing; 11-29-2012 at 02:52 PM.

both udlmc and nlms are rocky.... both add and delete races as the years go on, thats why they schedule states changes may accour ect, honestly both series has fallen off from what it once was, and basically the same drivers run both series if they dont compete with each other give or take a few drivers. make rules and stick with them.. get rid of the gigantic air plane wing they look ugly...