Default Buying scales question

I guess I am gonna buy myself a set of scales. I am looking at the Longacre Accuset II Kit with scale pad box from Speedway. Seems to be a good kit from a good company and the price is right at a $1000.00.
    I am tired of looking at 15 year old sets with frayed cables small pads and buttons worn through for $600-$800. Any bad points about the scales or recommendations on another set.

Quote Originally Posted by twizted View Post
    I guess I am gonna buy myself a set of scales. I am looking at the Longacre Accuset II Kit with scale pad box from Speedway. Seems to be a good kit from a good company and the price is right at a $1000.00.
    I am tired of looking at 15 year old sets with frayed cables small pads and buttons worn through for $600-$800. Any bad points about the scales or recommendations on another set.
    Whatever you get make sure they are NOT single cell pad scales they are way more headache then its worth get dual cell pads or some old grain scales, I bought new digital ones and wish I had some old school grain scales.....

Twizted: I have those same scales and love them. I have had a much more expensive set in the past and feel that these work just as well. Do not be afraid of the low cost.

Bob

Grain scales are the ticket the roll and move when you sit the car down and they get it up so you can get under it

7up- what problems do you have with the single load cel? I have always used them without issue. And does anyone have a picture or link to the type of grain scales you use?

I just bought a set of intercomp wireless scales and really love not messing around with wires anymore!

I've had these same set of scales for over 10 years. They work great and always zero out once I remove the car from the pads. I would not hesitate to buy these scales again.

I have some single cell pads and the only issue I have with them (or any digital scale) is if I don't get the centered right in the rolloff scale pads it will hit the scale pad and give me a bad reading. They are home-made scale pads though. Going to build some better ones eventually though. They are tall enough you can climb under the car if you need to just like grain scales.

I have a problem with the single cell pads not giving a consistent bite reading. the DLM is easier because they tire is so big but you get some mini stocks, Mods or some of the asphalt cars I do you really have to make sure you center the tire on the pad and repeat it every time