Thread: Cam Spec's

Default Cam Spec's

I just picked up some used Mini Stock engine parts. included was 2 camshafts. If anyone has used these or knows the spec's on them it would be very helpfull. It looks like one is a Johnson Machine cam and the other an Esslinger.
    cam 1 has JM.425 DRHP P stamped on the end

cam2 has E36327 stamped on the end

Thanks

Bringing this back to the top

Try phoning Esslinger and Johnson Machine. Just a thought.

I have thought of calling. Since the original post I have degreed both of them. So I have the @.050 spec's. I was really hoping to hear from some people who had used them to see how well they worked. As my father always told me "the proof is in the pudding." The JM cam is installed and running so I will know after the next race.

What did you come up with for lift at the valve and the duration @ .050" at the valve with zero lash? The E number you are referencing is a Crower batch number, not an Esslinger part number. Crower does grind the hydraulic and solid flat tappet cams for us, but that's not an easily referenced number sorry.

So what are the numbers you came up with?

Part Number/Work Order Number E36327Engine Application 2300 FORDGrind Number SPL SAME AS E-35498ADVERTISED CAMSHAFT SPECIFICATIONS:INTAKE: Duration: 277º Lift: .465 Clearance Hot: .010EXHAUST: Duration: 277º Lift: .465 Clearance Hot: .010The specifications listed above are based on a rocker arm ratio of 1.66 IN1.66 EXRECOMMENDED VALVE SPRING INFORMATION:Part # Single Dual TripleApproximate spring pressure: valve closed: LBS.valve open: LBS. 19.0 BTDC 11.0 ATDC ABDC 43.0 51.0 BBDC camcardThe information below is for degreeing cam only. Correct only at .050" tappet lift.INTAKE Opens: 19.0 BTDCCloses: 43.0 ABDCEXHAUST Opens: 51.0 BBDCCloses: 11.0 ATDCLOBE SEPERATION 106ºDuration at .050" Intake: 242ºExhaust: 242ºLOBE LIFT Intake: .280Exhaust: .280If using "Lobe Center" method of degreeing, cam should be installed on an intake centerline of: 102ºNOTES:
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

double post
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Wow, that cam card is close on lift, but a mile off on duration! After checking with them, it's an Esslinger 2270 cam which is .468" lift and 258deg @ .050, and 107deg LSA... I guess that's why we check all our cams in the same cylinderhead fixture when comparing new grinds and spec'ing out custom grinds. The geometry on these 2.3's is a tough nut to crack for some grinders and builders...

Quote Originally Posted by Big E tech View Post
    What did you come up with for lift at the valve and the duration @ .050" at the valve with zero lash? The E number you are referencing is a Crower batch number, not an Esslinger part number. Crower does grind the hydraulic and solid flat tappet cams for us, but that's not an easily referenced number sorry.

So what are the numbers you came up with?