Thread: 3/8 Dirt track

Default 3/8 Dirt track

I am looking to run a 3/8 mile dirt track about 20 - 24 degress banking anyone run a track close to this I need a good starting point on gear, stagger and springs. tire sizes is around 76" This is for a mustang if you dont want to post you can PM me . I dont want to go out there and look like a fool need all the help I can get

thanks for any ideas

I can help get you real close, what trans & how many RPMs you want to turn?

194 trans and a 355 should work good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcAQr...a_playerSimple setup....Left front stock. right front mustang gt with the sn 95 long armBoth towers slotted for camber and the lower strut mounts were slotted for camber as well with the nuts welded on to keep them from moving.Left front flip the strut towers upper pivot "donught assembly" upside down for downtravelThe right front leave alone but put the spacer that comes with the strut ontop of the strut tower under the nut instead of on the strut before you stick the strut throuh the Doughnut.Use 5/3 wheels outside and 4/4 inside.On the left rear stock spring is good. On the right rear use an elcamino pigtail coil you kinda have to do some trimming on the car and some massaging to the spring to make it fit.... But its a really soft spring.On the left rear there is an oblong hole above the lower shock mount drill it and install your left shock in that hole. I'm the right rear I reccomend a kyb gas adjust. If you don't know what that is its just a plain old shock you can get at autozone but its stiff ans works well.With the Soft spring and stiff shock the car rolls quite a bit but slowly it stays hooked up good and stays predictable on entry.Took me 4 years to come up with that setup then I won 8/10 races and came second at a tri track turkey night on only 3 cylinders. if you wanna know the other more serious half pm me.Also no front swaybar on the car.

hey aaron. with a pinto trans would you suggest 3.55s on a 3/8th track?

Quote Originally Posted by camarofever View Post
    hey aaron. with a pinto trans would you suggest 3.55s on a 3/8th track?
    Is the pinto trans a .214 ?If its the .195 or .194 then yes.I forget if its a .195 or .194 its one or the other there isn't both.

G24646 is the casting number on the trans...