Default metric frame holes

im looking at a car, metric stub the holes on the top of the frame, behind the front tires, where you usually get ride heights, are closed off. Is this a chassis builder thing, or are these frames kits? tweaked and hiding it by taking away the marks?

A buddy of mine has an old Dirt Works that has the holes closed off at the top. I think some chassis builders weld up the big holes to strengthen to frame.

I have seen lots of builders do this. Chevelle and metric. My Chevelle clip car has the holes plugged.

you should always use the front lower a arm bolt to set the hieght . them frames are not the same out there and can miss with the true right hieghts of your car .And some car builders plugged then to keep the dirt out .

^^^^ Dave is right. And some plug them up just for looks!

You cannot properly measure your ride heights using the frame to ground measurements.What happens if you go from a 81 inch tire to an 88 inch tire? That is about a 1 1/8 difference in frame height. Should you let your front end down that 1 1/8? No. Your front ride heights are designed to be ran at a certain a frame angle. You must maintain those angles regardless of the height of the frame from the ground.

So how are you saying to measure front ride height?

With an angle finder on you control arms. I know lots of chassis builders that do this. I had a Bullit Late Model that was this way. If I remember it was 12 degrees on the rear upper A arm tube.

The bset way to measure ride height is to measure from a point on the frame down to the lower a arm or to the axle tube. That is after you have determined the ride heighth. If you arent sure where to start, A good rule of thumb is to level the inner front lower a arm bolt with the lip where the ball joint touches the a frame.( make both of them the same measurement off the ground) This will give you a slight uphill angle to the center of the ball joint from the inner lower a arm pivot.