E-Mod 2013 rules

Question E-Mod 2013 rules

Can anyone tell me if there were any rule changes for e-mods for 2013 or anything added. Had to work that day. Thanks!

What track?

Red face e-mod rules

Sorry,spoon river speedway.

What the heck is an e-mod?

On the rules changes,
    Only change is that UMP has directed that the crate engine is not mandatory now until 2014. The seal bolts will also be a requirement in 2014.

An E-mod is a UMP limited modified. Very similar to a IMCA sport mod or B-mod. Spoonriver Speedway years ago started a E(economy)-modified division and this is now morphing into the UMP limited modified. Old names are hard to change. It is suppose to be a lower cost modified.

Quote Originally Posted by umpmod15 View Post
    On the rules changes,
    Only change is that UMP has directed that the crate engine is not mandatory now until 2014. The seal bolts will also be a requirement in 2014.

An E-mod is a UMP limited modified. Very similar to a IMCA sport mod or B-mod. Spoonriver Speedway years ago started a E(economy)-modified division and this is now morphing into the UMP limited modified. Old names are hard to change. It is suppose to be a lower cost modified.
    Can't wait to see the $10k crate motors running for $150 to win.Great way to kill the class.
    Every one call Hendren and order 2.
    Randy Southord

Smile emod

It's $200.00 to win and 602's are only $6,000.00

Quote Originally Posted by Streetstock Fan View Post
    Can't wait to see the $10k crate motors running for $150 to win.Great way to kill the class.

Quote Originally Posted by emod55m View Post
    It's $200.00 to win and 602's are only $6,000.00
    To buy the crate motor is $6k, then Hendren will charge another $4k so $10 k to win $200. Sweet deal need more like this.
    Randy Southord

http://www.karlperformance.com/product.cfm?InvKey=74879

This is just an example of the price of an average crate motor. I believe Hendrens builds crate motors for Fastrak-Nesmith and NDRA but not UMP. If I am current on the rules they would not be UMP legal. However I do understand the point you are trying to make.

On the cost. Lets say they do spend 10 thousand ( i beleive it would be between 4500 to 7000 ) for 200.00 to win. How much do you think the Mods are spending to win 600.00. Now that crate motor can be ran 2 or 3 seasons with only changing the valve springs. The E-Mods can only run A-40's so there is another savings. I still think that the E-Mod will be a lower cost form of racing. The guys that know how to set up their car and stay up on the maintenance will still be up front not because they are out spending. I also think it will help that UMP is looking at how to police the crate motors.
    Last edited by umpmod15; 12-16-2012 at 09:46 PM.

I was kidding 602's with factory seals are 3,100 to 3,500 depending on where you buy, the class is the most economical way to race and have fun.........

To buy the crate motor is $6k, then Hendren will charge another $4k so $10 k to win $200. Sweet deal need more like this.

Bring on the hendrens. They will either get beat or ban from the class for life for cheating.

Don't have to spend a lot of money to win in this class.

Quote Originally Posted by mark31 View Post
    Bring on the hendrens. They will either get beat or ban from the class for life for cheating.

glad they decided to hold off another season on the crate motor.

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    glad they decided to hold off another season on the crate motor.
    Ya probably not a bad thing to give guys another year to convert over.

Hey Mark I seen on ARIZONA SPORT SHIRTS facebook that had your name on the Pierce Chassis champions! Figured you'd like to know that man! good luck in 2013!
    Cole Swibold
    Ready for some MIDWEST DIRT SLINGIN!

Quote Originally Posted by TowMan1 View Post
    Hey Mark I seen on ARIZONA SPORT SHIRTS facebook that had your name on the Pierce Chassis champions! Figured you'd like to know that man! good luck in 2013!
    LOL Ya they sent me one. Thanks Though

Quote Originally Posted by mark31 View Post

Which Rocket Scientist could figure it out there at Spoon.? The flagmen , nope to worried about going home.Morrey or Brad.? One is to worried about concesions to pack the track. poney up the cash to have it checked or claim it(might lose yours also). Good luck in killing the class.Already one foot in the grave.
    Randy Southord

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

don't need a bunch of money, but having 20 years experience sure doesn't hurt

fayette co il highland il flora il are all on a 360 cubic in rule no roller cam 12.5 to 1 compression 602 crate also allowed ( 3Link rear suspension or leaf spring only) 2550 after race a or h tire no after market lowers just a few things we are doing differnt an are car counts are going up o an also no quick changes

Quote Originally Posted by 5motorsports View Post
    fayette co il highland il flora il are all on a 360 cubic in rule no roller cam 12.5 to 1 compression 602 crate also allowed ( 3Link rear suspension or leaf spring only) 2550 after race a or h tire no after market lowers just a few things we are doing differnt an are car counts are going up o an also no quick changes
    That is the way they should be. No q.c. three link or leaf only.
    National Sarcasm Society
    Like we need your support. Sarcasm the bodies natural defense against stupidity.